• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vat registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vat registration

I have applied to become vat registered, on a voluntary basis. On the flat rate scheme.

I am aware of the delays in processing this as highlighted on this site.

I have recently had a letter from HMR&C re my application asking me to provide proof of contracts, stationary, business plans etc

has anbody else had the same request ?

Also If I have got to jump through the hoops to get a VAT number can anybody recommend an easy solution to creating a business plan as I have no experience of this.

Cheers

Originally posted by DaveP
    I have applied to become vat registered, on a voluntary basis. On the flat rate scheme.

I am aware of the delays in processing this as highlighted on this site.

I have recently had a letter from HMR&C re my application asking me to provide proof of contracts, stationary, business plans etc

has anbody else had the same request ?

Also If I have got to jump through the hoops to get a VAT number can anybody recommend an easy solution to creating a business plan as I have no experience of this.

Cheers
    The tests are to see if you are a genuine business rather than some VAT scam.

Business Plan is pretty simple.

Estimated Income from Contracts = £100,000pa
    Estimated Expenditrue = £10,000
    Profit = £90,000

or try this....

http://www.freelanceuk.com/resources/busplan1.doc
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

The VAT registration units have been overwhelmed with new applications and although they use the excuse of fraud prevention, I feel the main reason for these letters is to delay the process and enable them to meet their targets.

A delaying letter will move an application from the stats as "further information is pending"!

Sadly, there is little you can do but comply, although you can conplain if you have the time.

Alan

Comment

Hi DaveP,

I got the same letter a couple weeks ago and sent them the info they asked for. Got my VAT Reg Certificate through on monday.

Hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel for you too.

Now just waiting for my pimp to work out how to process the backdated VAT claim. In my experience they need to go round the houses before they arrive at the position I initially suggested.

Cheers,
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Langkawi
          Hi DaveP,

I got the same letter a couple weeks ago and sent them the info they asked for. Got my VAT Reg Certificate through on monday.

Hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel for you too.
          Keeping my fingers crossed then as it was about two weeks ago that I returned the extra info that was requested....
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black
            Keeping my fingers crossed then as it was about two weeks ago that I returned the extra info that was requested....
            1 month until additional info request letter came through then another month until VAT number recieved.

You'll get it soon
            Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Got my VAT certificate last week (applied late March). Had to send contract (front sheet only). No news of FRS though. I was advised to reapply by the VAT office as they said including it with normal a VAT application (like I did) does not guarantee it will get done. So I reapplied on the phone. What are people's experiences of getting FRS documents?

Comment

Working...
              X