• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3,000,000 house to be built by Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3,000,000 house to be built by Labour

And it is the proposals for a massive house building programme, with a total of 3 million new homes built by 2020, that will draw the immediate attention.

Mr Brown promised the targets would be met through changes in the planning system, new private-public partnerships and the release of surplus public land.

I read that as:

Let the big co house builder Labour donors built more tiny dog kennels on green belt land

Let the public sector sell of all the publicly owned spaces to big co house builder Labour donors for a large sum of cash.

Win-win all round then?

Originally posted by King Cnvt
    And it is the proposals for a massive house building programme, with a total of 3 million new homes built by 2020, that will draw the immediate attention.

Mr Brown promised the targets would be met through changes in the planning system, new private-public partnerships and the release of surplus public land.

I read that as:

Let the big co house builder Labour donors built more tiny dog kennels on green belt land

Let the public sector sell of all the publicly owned spaces to big co house builder Labour donors for a large sum of cash.

Win-win all round then?

A pretty accurate summation I think, Cnvt.

Bleedin' obvious to you and I, but somehow I think the facts will elude the brave young Cameron and his team, and they will fail to kick at an open goal yet again.

I imagine most of the green belt grabbing will be done in the Tory heartlands.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

i wonder who will build the houses

will the big house builders say that uk tradesmen are too expensive, (cough), (cough), I mean, will the big house builders say there is a skills shortage of tradesmen in the uk

and therefore will the injuns come over and build all the houses ?

Milan.

Comment

lads, don't be too pessimistic,

if this prediction is the case...

'I read that as:

Win-win all round then?
        '

then this is only good news and will hopefully enable the economic miracle to continue and the stability it brings especially for parasites like us lot

really lads, you need to start trying to see the bigger picture

this plan is good, it is good for britain, it is good for jobs, it is good for you

this plan gets the Benes rubber stamp

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          lads, don't be too pessimistic,

if this prediction is the case...

'I read that as:

Win-win all round then?
          '

then this is only good news and will hopefully enable the economic miracle to continue and the stability it brings especially for parasites like us lot

really lads, you need to start trying to see the bigger picture

this plan is good, it is good for britain, it is good for jobs, it is good for you

this plan gets the Benes rubber stamp

Milan.
          Oh, of course. I was failing to see the Big Picture. What kind of fool am I?

I should have realised that Gordo's bottom hole was the very cornucopia of all our wealth and prosperity.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

you gotta be careful what you wish for

nobody can deny Mr Brown's economic miracle has provided Britain with ten years of economic stability and prosperity, the longest in history ?

and if such a plan enables this to continue and enables parasites like us to keep doing what we do then everybody should be grateful

Mark my words, if confidence goes out of the housing market and house price crash begins it will have the potential of leading service industry britain into a nasty long recession as nobody will be spending - and you won't want that

as I said above, if this is the plan, then it is good for britain, it is good for jobs and it is good for you and will have the chance of enabling the economic prosperity and stability to continue

i should be charging for this kind of wisdom

Milan.

Comment

I agree with this in principle. However labour should make sure that they are not:

- £500,000 mansions
              - sold to anyone with an exisitng house
              - built entirely on green belt (there are lots of disused brown fields that needs regening before the green belt is touched).

Comment

This is to house about 10% of the number of immigrants that el Gordo is planning.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                  This is to house about 10% of the number of immigrants that el Gordo is planning.
                  I did think the same thing...
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

PPP's arn't those used by the NHS, the kind of system that has created mass loads of debt? I bet the home builders are just rubbing their hands to jump on this.

Presumeably this would be low density housing..the kind that England doesn't have enough room for.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X