• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Medical advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical advice

Staying with an old dear in Eastcote (on contract) and she has let a second room to another guy. He works in the local hairdressers.
    My question is this, I have noticed that his soap touches mine in the soap dish and and was wondering if AIDS can be transmitted via a soapdish sort of contact mechanism.
    Sensible answers only please

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

You worried you might pass it on to him?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

offer to lather him up in return for a free haircut

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        Staying with an old dear in Eastcote (on contract) and she has let a second room to another guy. He works in the local hairdressers.
        My question is this, I have noticed that his soap touches mine in the soap dish and and was wondering if AIDS can be transmitted via a soapdish sort of contact mechanism.

I wouldn't worry about his soap touching you......Think of his sticky gel.......Or put a piece of string through it and hand your soap on the side
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I assume this is a joke?

If not, please educate yourself.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Only to sensible questions though!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
              I assume this is a joke?

If not, please educate yourself.
              So if a mosquito feeds on his hairdresser chum and then flies into EO's room for sloppy seconds... is there a risk?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                So if a mosquito feeds on his hairdresser chum and then flies into EO's room for sloppy seconds... is there a risk?
                Possibly to the mosquito.

Comment

Surely soap is self-cleaning...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    You're not called Troll for nothing are you?

Some people fear that HIV might be transmitted in other ways; however, no scientific evidence to support any of these fears has been found. If HIV were being transmitted through other routes (such as through air, water, or insects), the pattern of reported AIDS cases would be much different from what has been observed. For example, if mosquitoes could transmit HIV infection, many more young children and preadolescents would have been diagnosed with AIDS.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X