• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank fraud

Anyone been a victim of fraud ?

I logged on last night and noticed a sizeable junk has been transfered out of my account. I phoned the bank last night and put a block on all internet/phone transactions.
    It would appear that the transaction took place over the phone, how quickly do these things take to get resolved ?
    The strange thing is I was locked out of my account on the Monday, and I called the call centre and reset my security number, and the next day I get hit !!

Advice welcome

Always found the banks to be sympathetic / helpful in these cases. I've never know anyone not have the money replaced. They just take it as read.
    (From my experiences anyway....some goon want on a splurge round French sports shops with my debit card number). Barclays were very quick too.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
      Anyone been a victim of fraud ?

I logged on last night and noticed a sizeable junk has been transfered out of my account. I phoned the bank last night and put a block on all internet/phone transactions.
      It would appear that the transaction took place over the phone, how quickly do these things take to get resolved ?
      The strange thing is I was locked out of my account on the Monday, and I called the call centre and reset my security number, and the next day I get hit !!

Advice welcome
      Tell us which country the call centre is in, so that we can avoid any banks with call centres there.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
        Tell us which country the call centre is in, so that we can avoid any banks with call centres there.
        Have a guess....

Comment

Inside job no doubt.

The call centre wages may be low over there, but selling off your security details to crims makes up for it.

I hope the banks lose billions through fraud.

Comment

Please name and shame the bank involved
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
              Please name and shame the bank involved
              Bank - HSBC, call centre was based in..... drum roll.... india

Comment

Just to make sure it doesn't happen, please name and shame your account number, sort code and PIN as well.

Oh, and security login and password, just to make sure.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
                  Just to make sure it doesn't happen, please name and shame your account number, sort code and PIN as well.

The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer

Would the 4th and 6th number be of any help

Comment

Working...
                    X