• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Card options for Cater Allen users?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card options for Cater Allen users?

Right - I've got a Cater Allen account, and have finally got round to applying for the debit card (how silly is it that you have to send them back 6 months worth of statements?). However, if I remember rightly debit cards are not protected from fraud like credit cards. Are company credit cards protected in the same way that consumer ones are? Can anyone recommend a good one? Minimum charges possible, for a low number of transactions that are to be paid off in full on a monthly or asap basis.

I've had a quick scoot through for previous credit card related threads and noted that HSBC have company credit cards with their accounts - not sure if I can get a separate card with them.

I have had a business Barclaycard for years which I have just linked to the Cater Allen account. 35p a transaction.

Don't know about insurances but it might say on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
      Right - I've got a Cater Allen account, and have finally got round to applying for the debit card (how silly is it that you have to send them back 6 months worth of statements?). However, if I remember rightly debit cards are not protected from fraud like credit cards. Are company credit cards protected in the same way that consumer ones are? Can anyone recommend a good one? Minimum charges possible, for a low number of transactions that are to be paid off in full on a monthly or asap basis.

I've had a quick scoot through for previous credit card related threads and noted that HSBC have company credit cards with their accounts - not sure if I can get a separate card with them.

Ring and ask them. CA staff know their business and you'll get the info you want on the spot.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Not sure if they would go so far as to recommend a different bank's card, but here goes... I'll post back with any update.

Comment

Working...
        X