• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First It Was Smokers...........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First It Was Smokers...........

Fat taxes 'could save thousands'
    More than 3,000 fatal heart attacks and strokes could be prevented in the UK each year if VAT was slapped on a vast range of foods, say Oxford researchers. Linky

More cloud-cukoo thinking? Would the population of fat northern birds be decimated? (Oh, SallyAnne)

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Fat taxes 'could save thousands'
    More than 3,000 fatal heart attacks and strokes could be prevented in the UK each year if VAT was slapped on a vast range of foods, say Oxford researchers. Linky

More cloud-cukoo thinking? Would the population of fat northern birds be decimated? (Oh, SallyAnne)
    Surely fat people already pay more tax. We eat more, so we pay more tax on the food we buy. Our cars use more fuel as they have a greater weight to carry, so we pay more tax on petrol. We have to wear bigger clothes which cost more, so we pay more tax that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
      Surely fat people already pay more tax. We eat more, so we pay more tax on the food we buy. Our cars use more fuel as they have a greater weight to carry, so we pay more tax on petrol. We have to wear bigger clothes which cost more, so we pay more tax that way too.
      Bit of a porker are you moose? (in the nicest possible non inflammatory way)
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

That argument didn't work for smokers - more tax,die younger etc...
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          Oh, SallyAnne

These ******* government incentives are going to save me a fortune in spa holidays!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            These ******* government incentives are going to save me a fortune in spa holidays!!

I'd revolt if i were you SA, more tax on fags and booze, removal of smoking rights and now they are going to increase tax on your fave munchies.....

B*STARDS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Bit of a porker are you moose? (in the nicest possible non inflammatory way)
              Oh yes. I don't take offence if people call me "fat", as you can't argue with the truth. It's the same if people say I look like George Clooney - you can't argue with the truth.

Comment

Don't forget cause your so fat you have to have a bigger car like a 4 x 4 which means higher tax on that. If you go on holiday you get charged extra as you take up an additional seat.
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  I'd revolt if i were you SA, more tax on fags and booze, removal of smoking rights and now they are going to increase tax on your fave munchies.....

B*STARDS!!!!

I'm going to move to Stoke on Trent - that'll show them! Teh council will probably balls up the pie tax there aswell!

On a lighter note, I feel ******* great today like - 4 days without fags, and I've been running round all over the place. My energy levels have gone nuts, AND I didn't cough up black gue this morning!

Maybe I DO need a nanny?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    On a lighter note, I feel ******* great today like - 4 days without fags, and I've been running round all over the place. My energy levels have gone nuts, AND I didn't cough up black gue this morning!
                    Enroll for the Great North Run...NOW!

Comment

Working...
                    X