• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air Miles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Miles

Needed to speak to them regarding my account.

Gave them a call and after selecting the relevant options was told that their customer contact centre is closed today for training purposes.

Unbelievable - I don't think I have EVER heard of a major call centre closing for training.

As an aside, does anyone know if their call centre is overseas.
    Would be handy to know prior to speaking to them so I can pull my hair out beforehand!
    Last edited by Clippy; 12 July 2007, 13:08.

Originally posted by Clippy
    Needed to speak to them regarding my account.

Gave them a call and after selecting the relevant options was told that their customer contact centre is closed today for training purposes.

Unbelievable - I don't think I have EVER heard of a major call centre closing during for training.

As an aside, does anyone know if their call centre is overseas.
    Would be handy to know prior to speaking to them so I can pull my hair out beforehand!
    if a call centre closes for "Training" isn't that code for we have been doing something major in the wrong direction and need to re-educate all our call agents on the correct way to deal with something before we get in big trouble ??? Your right i wouldn't have thought unless there was only a couple of people on it any company closing their call centre for any reason ?
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

or the building has been evacuated and the generic call centre out of office code is training reasons

Comment

Or they have serious other (technical maybe?) problems and are trying to hide behinf the admittedly p1ss poor excuse of training.

Comment

Originally posted by swissmike
          or the building has been evacuated and the generic call centre out of office code is training reasons
          Nope, it's a scheduled closing as it's neatly hidden away on their website

Comment

Nope, it's a scheduled closing as it's neatly hidden away on their website
            That may have gone on today...
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
              That may have gone on today...
              Fair point.

Anyway, rant over.

Thanks to all for helping me to see the otherside of the argument - so much nicer than counting to ten!

Please let this thread 'die' with grace!

Comment

Fair point.

Anyway, rant over.

Thanks to all for helping me to see the otherside of the argument - so much nicer than counting to ten!

Please let this thread 'die' with grace!
                Yes please, let it die!

Comment

Rip

Comment

Working...
                  X