• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultant Technologies and share options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consultant Technologies and share options

Anyone care to run their eye over the consultant technologies website and tell me if what they are doing is entirely legal like they say it is, it seems too good to be true which makes me wonder...

they talk of IR35 compliance and share options, income derived from selling back shares to the employee trust, share option income not dividend income, subject only to capital gains tax not PAYE.

Happy to email it to anyone that wants the bumf I've got.

Originally posted by Spiderman
    Anyone care to run their eye over the consultant technologies website and tell me if what they are doing is entirely legal like they say it is, it seems too good to be true which makes me wonder...

they talk of IR35 compliance and share options, income derived from selling back shares to the employee trust, share option income not dividend income, subject only to capital gains tax not PAYE.

Happy to email it to anyone that wants the bumf I've got.
    What's the saying about things that seem too good to be true?

Comment

Looks like a huge pile of crap to me. It says they get more money to you because you aren't putting it all through PAYE, yet they aren't paying you dividends either...

I would avoid at all costs, they promise the world and do not tell you how they are going to acheive it and they also make out that you will take home less througha limited than you will with either a composite or them. I fail to see how it is possible to be honest, looks like lies and smokescreen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        Looks like a huge pile of crap to me. It says they get more money to you because you aren't putting it all through PAYE, yet they aren't paying you dividends either...

I would avoid at all costs, they promise the world and do not tell you how they are going to acheive it and they also make out that you will take home less througha limited than you will with either a composite or them. I fail to see how it is possible to be honest, looks like lies and smokescreen to me.
        I know someone who gets high % return by using offshore foreign exchage loans that are regularly written off. The % is good, but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when they catch up with him

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
          I know someone who gets high % return by using offshore foreign exchage loans that are regularly written off. The % is good, but I wouldn't like to be in his shoes when they catch up with him
          I'm sure there are many illegal and dubious ways of getting the money out of the company. The question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want to know that i will pass an IR35 investigation" If the answer is don't care you may as well take all the money out of your company in cash, falsify your accounts and do a runner. Much easier than fecking about with all these long winded schemes, just as much chance to get investigated and at least you will know the penalites for sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            I'm sure there are many illegal and dubious ways of getting the money out of the company. The question you have to ask yourself is "Do I want to know that i will pass an IR35 investigation" If the answer is don't care you may as well take all the money out of your company in cash, falsify your accounts and do a runner. Much easier than fecking about with all these long winded schemes, just as much chance to get investigated and at least you will know the penalites for sure.....
            Yes, we know where we are with getting caught for IR35. Getting caught for not declaring these depreciating loans as income, BIK or something is going to be pretty ugly in my amateur opinion.

Comment

Well thats those guys sh@fted

Their business model is completely blown out the water and anyone who has joined is looking at an extra 8% CGT to pay. All thanks to bottler Brown & Co.

Oh well guess that's what we come to expect from this shambolic goverment.

Comment

Working...
              X