• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Name dislayed at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Name dislayed at home

Hi guys & gals,

I know that thre is a requirement to display your company name (if you are a ltd company) at your registered address, but how many of you actually stick a company name plate on your front door if you have created a ltd company and gave your home address as your company address?

On the same grounds, how many of you inform your insurance company that you have a business registered at the address (even if you are contracing so only 'working from home' 1 day a week, if ever)?

And I also assume you are all keeping to the goverment rules and have a no smoking sign on the front door of your house (as it is a registered business address)

jon
    Twitter: jonsmile

If you don't do it then you are liable for 25 years at her majestys pleasure!

HTH

Comment

Use my accountants. No charge.

Comment

My front hallway looks like a bill posters nightmare.
        Cert of incorporation 2
        Environmental waste licences 2
        HGV operators License 1
        Environmental WEEEE Cert 1
        Nothing outside though
        Don't want the neighbours knowing my business.
        My office itself is not my reg place of business but I have everything from HMRC etc sent there.
        I run most of the IT side from home so have a lot of expensive equipment here, so had to inform the insurance to ensure cover. bumped my contents ins up a measly few quid! not worth worrying about.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It doesn't have to be displayed outside. I find the loo wall is a suitable place to hang such things....

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
            HGV operators License 1
            Either you have a fecking huge house or the op center is somewhere else.

Are you like the dude down the road with an artic unit parked on his drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
              My front hallway looks like a bill posters nightmare.
              Cert of incorporation 2
              Environmental waste licences 2
              HGV operators License 1
              Environmental WEEEE Cert 1
              what about health & safety?
              what do to in the event of a fire?

i made myself have a full fire drill the other day...and it was raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                what do to in the event of a fire?
                Go to a local, have a drink, enjoy bonfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  Either you have a fecking huge house or the op center is somewhere else.

Are you like the dude down the road with an artic unit parked on his drive.
                  Op centre elsewhere
                  but occasionaly park on drive at rear of house. (big big drive)

Fire? that's what insurance is for

Health and safety? that's for the main office and on site
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I stuck a business card on the garage door frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X