• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The girls caught smuggling coke from Ghana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girls caught smuggling coke from Ghana

Sounds like one of them is Vicki Pollard - from the bbc news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6897139.stm

One of the girls told Channel 4 News on Thursday night they were tricked into carrying drugs to London.

Speaking by telephone from prison in Accra, she said: "There were basically two boys over here who gave us two bags and told us... it was an empty bag

"We never thought anything bad was inside... and they told us to go to the UK and drop it off to some boy... at the airport."

"It was basically like a set-up. They didn't tell us nothing, we didn't think nothing, 'cos basically we are innocent.

"We don't know nothing about this drugs and stuff."

Yeah ok...leave them there...they have to take responsibility for their own actions, naive or not!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler
      Sounds like one of them is Vicki Pollard - from the bbc news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6897139.stm

One of the girls told Channel 4 News on Thursday night they were tricked into carrying drugs to London.

Speaking by telephone from prison in Accra, she said: "There were basically two boys over here who gave us two bags and told us... it was an empty bag

"We never thought anything bad was inside... and they told us to go to the UK and drop it off to some boy... at the airport."

"It was basically like a set-up. They didn't tell us nothing, we didn't think nothing, 'cos basically we are innocent.

"We don't know nothing about this drugs and stuff."
      Think Ghana need to take a leaf out of UK airport check in staff. One simple question could have been asked that would have solve all the poor innocent girls problems. "Did you pack the bag yourself" I look forward to these high security questions in a weeks time.
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I saw this on C4 news last night, why would anyone give you a free holiday and then ask you to carry an empty bag 4,000 miles?? ...yeh right itchy chin me thinks.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You bet some money grabbing lawyer will defend them on that story though

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            ...yeh right itchy chin me thinks.
            Is that what you used to say in school?

Round my way it was either "Jimmy Hill!" or "Chinny Reckon!" whilst stroking your chin.

Comment

Yeah you didn't suspect a thing, muppets. They deserve to be locked up for being fecking morons if that is true (Which i doubt very much).

Also WTF are the parents doing? Thought they were on a school trip and didn't know they were in Ghana??

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
                Think Ghana need to take a leaf out of UK airport check in staff. One simple question could have been asked that would have solve all the poor innocent girls problems. "Did you pack the bag yourself" I look forward to these high security questions in a weeks time.
                How do you pack an empty bag?

Comment

They should be imprisoned for their constant use of double-negatives let alone the drugs.

Comment

At least they'll be able to entertain all the lags in Accra prison with their witty Vicki Pollard impressions.

Comment

Working...
                    X