• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE only at Deutsche Bank??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE only at Deutsche Bank??

Hi, I've been verbally offered a contract at Deutsche Bank in London, and have heard that they insist on their contractors going PAYE as opposed to using a limited company.

Can anyone who works there or has worked there confirm if this is the case or not??

Thanks for your help

Are they looking for permies or contractors?

the only variation I'm aware of is where they give fixed term permie contracts
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What?

I' know people that are there, never heard such nonsense, when was that? Did you go through an agency? If so, why don't you wait for your contract to arrive - then discuss?

Comment

Originally posted by accounting4contractors
        Hi, I've been verbally offered a contract at Deutsche Bank in London, and have heard that they insist on their contractors going PAYE as opposed to using a limited company.
        I don't know who you heard this from, but in my experience it is bollocks. I did a stint there as a contractor last year. My PM was a contractor too.

Comment

Who are you Accounting4contractors?

Not trying to promote another umbrella by any chance, are we? Another timewaster, fake contractor.

Comment

what Deutsche Bank like to work for ? are they mainly Microsoft or UNIX or a mixture of the two in the City ?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant
              what Deutsche Bank like to work for ? are they mainly Microsoft or UNIX or a mixture of the two in the City ?
              SUSE Linux Microsoft and Novell.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I believe max contract length is 9 months at DB?

Comment

back in the late 90's didn't they have that anti-contract IT director dogbert guy who did interviews/quotes in "freelance informer" and or Evening Standard Finance pages who said that he did not believe in contractors for longer than 6 months otherwise they should be permie ?

only rememeber that chap cos he was Irish and he started out as a contractor himself, until obviously the evil HR people turned him, think he was ex "Zee Zweichzerjjuinjkle Bonk" or some weird AG gang............. ?

If He's still there it may not be as much fun as one might anticipate ?

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless
                    back in the late 90's didn't they have that anti-contract IT director dogbert guy who did interviews/quotes in "freelance informer" and or Evening Standard Finance pages who said that he did not believe in contractors for longer than 6 months otherwise they should be permie ?

only rememeber that chap cos he was Irish and he started out as a contractor himself, until obviously the evil HR people turned him, think he was ex "Zee Zweichzerjjuinjkle Bonk" or some weird AG gang............. ?

If He's still there it may not be as much fun as one might anticipate ?
                    Most places these days have a knob around like that - either that or a bunch of 'consultants' engaged to replace Contractors with permies(spit).
                    I've lost track of the amount of presentations to 'encourage' contractors to cross over and join the big happy family (don't know why but the hut scene in Killing Fields always pops into my head)

It's known as stop/go management and without fail ends in tears
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X