• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nurses on Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurses on Strike

How long is the country (government) going to continue to treat the back bone of our health like crap.

Heard on the news this morning that nurses in England are getting a phased pay rise unlike Wales, Scotland and Ireland who are getting lump sum pay rise.

I'm all for them striking hopefully it will make people aware that this can not continue.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    How long is the country (government) going to continue to treat the back bone of our health like crap.

Heard on the news this morning that nurses in England are getting a phased pay rise unlike Wales, Scotland and Ireland who are getting lump sum pay rise.

I'm all for them striking hopefully it will make people aware that this can not continue.
    Yeah, me too!

Let's have more people dying in hospitals because nurses aren't doing their jobs properly!

Comment

I think we need to import more nurses on the HSMW programme, that way these people will realise the country cannot be held to ransom by a minority with entrenched views about their worth to the nation
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        I think we need to import more nurses on the HSMW programme, that way these people will realise the country cannot be held to ransom by a minority with entrenched views about their worth to the nation
        lets hope no-one swaps "nurses" with "contractors"

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
          They already have...

Comment

Naw... we've learnt our lesson

Comment

I would willingly swap a few of the contractors here for nurses... with crisp starched white uniforms... black stockings and a pleasing bedside manner

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                They already have...
                I can see a time when no contractors are left in the UK. Get out now - become a nurse...

Comment

I can see a time when no contractors are left in the UK. Get out now - become a nurse...
                  What we need is a Bob Shawadiwadi for nursing

Comment

The nurses in the UK are amongst the highest paid in Europe. After being in hospital a few times in the last ten years and while visiting some elderly patients my overall impression is that many nurses are crap and should not be in the profession.

Myself and other patients found in particular Pilipino nurses to be particularly arrogant and often went against doctors instructions. I had one night nurse from Nigeria who had not a clue about medication and could not understand English.

I have not sympathy for the nurses.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X