• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince CD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince CD

Anyone get it with yesterdays Mail on Sunday?

I see this has caused a bit of a stink but has Prince seen the future of the music industry (at least from the performers perspective) or is it another hammer in the nail of the coffin of the music industry?

When the co-chairman of the Entertainment Retail Association says this:

The Artist formerly known as Prince should know that with behaviour like this he will soon be the Artist Formerly Available in Record Stores
    Do you think Prince gives a tulip?

Beeb article here

Older and ...well, just older!!

Is he known as Prince again?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I liked the Purple Rain album, but after that it was all sh*t!!!

Comment

Did he also have a part in a Bruce Willis Sci Fi picture ?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

He was releasing stuff online way before anyone had thought about Itunes etc so he has always been a bit of a visionary on that front.

'Sign 'o' the times' was his best IMO, got a bit samey after that.

I quite like the single 'guitar' is the rest of the album any good?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            Anyone get it with yesterdays Mail on Sunday?

I see this has caused a bit of a stink but has Prince seen the future of the music industry (at least from the performers perspective) or is it another hammer in the nail of the coffin of the music industry?

When the co-chairman of the Entertainment Retail Association says this:

Beeb article here

According to my domestic expert on entertainment, Prince has had lots of issues with his recording company. The reason that he went through all the rigmarole of changing his nname is because he wanted to be released from his contract and his recording company wouldn't let him so he changed his name and recorded under that.
            Originally posted by ratewhore
            No, why should he, he's already worth millions or even billions. All he is doing is NOT making money for his recording company!
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
              All he is doing is NOT making money for his recording company!

That's my take as well. More power to his elbow I say...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I am huge fan of Prince so here we go.....

Prince's last album only sold about 80 thousand units in the UK so by the time he got his slice from the record company he would not have received that much.

By getting a fixed amount from the Sunday Mail (£250k rumours) he can then give it away for free and get lots of free publicity and increase his fanbase.

He is just proving the point that you do not really need a record company to sell your music (of course he is very bitter about being screwed in the past).

Anywhoooo - can't wait to see him at the O2 Arena next month! If you get the chance, go and see him live - he's like James Brown, Little Richard, Jimi Hendrix, George Clinton etc.... all rolled into one ickle package of funk

Ok - I'll shut up now

AAAAAAOOOOOOOWWWWWWAAAAA

RR.

p.s. Album is not bad actually.

Comment

Working...
                X