• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class

Are there any posh contractors out there?

You know, privatley educated toffs, boris or euguene types...

Would be interested to see....

Not at all dear boy. I'm working class, innit, guvnar, apples and pears etc...

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      Are there any posh contractors out there?

You know, privatley educated toffs, boris or euguene types...

Would be interested to see....
      No. Next.
      Only kidding. bored of that now.
      As you tell I am not posh. In IT.
      I would think most toffs either work for thier dads or have business which are financed with daddy's money. If not they are permies working in areas like client stratergy.
      Of course all that happens after they've traveled the world 15 times for their gap year or 5.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
        No. Next.
        Only kidding. bored of that now.
        As you tell I am not posh. In IT.
        I would think most toffs either work for thier dads or have business which are financed with daddy's money. If not they are permies working in areas like client stratergy.
        Of course all that happens after they've traveled the world 15 times for their gap year or 5.

its true though aint it. i was blinkered by all that a few years back. i got a job in investment banking at 26 and was kinda taken under the wing of a few managing directors. i kinda played the game of posh, toff, and got all involved in that tulip.

then i left after a couple of years and then i was introduced to the real world.

basically these toffs live in a bubble protected by large institutions for most of there youth and adult lives.

Comment

My wife drives our too little angels, Tarquin and Trinny to private school in her 4 x 4 every day. Is that posh enough?

Comment

There's only two classes in this life - those who work because they have to, and those that don't.

Comment

Toff me not

I am a Saarf Efrikan, the olny thing I have in common with toffs is that if someone calls us we will both say "Yah".
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                My wife drives our too little angels, Tarquin and Trinny to private school in her 4 x 4 every day. Is that posh enough?
                no. being posh and thinking your posh are two different things.
                Anyone can name their kids Tarquin and Trinny, although you probably wouldn't want to, and 4x4 are for people with no brains.
                Private school - depends which one. Some cost a grand a term others can cost 3-5 grand or more a term.

Comment

Round here you are posh if your tat's are spelled right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                    Private school - depends which one. Some cost a grand a term others can cost 3-5 grand or more a term.
                    "Private" schools are middle class. He should have sent little Tarquin to a "Public" or "Independent" school...

Comment

Working...
                    X