• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fasthosts dead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fasthosts dead?

Hi all,

perhaps it's just me (I'm posting from NL) but I can't get through to any site hosted by fasthosts.co.uk (nor fasthosts themselves).

Just a DNS screwup or something more serious?

Boris
    I think therefore I drink...

Yep. All Fasthosts and UKReg sites are down. Anyone using them for their domain hosting, forewarding or DNS are currently screwed.

Nice service. Not!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Yep. All Fasthosts and UKReg sites are down. Anyone using them for their domain hosting, forewarding or DNS are currently screwed.

Nice service. Not!
      Well, that's one time too many that they are off the air. Must be fairly serious if none of their alternative routes etc are available.

Another site I have is hosted by http://www.1and1.com/ and it 'just works'. I think it's time to move the whole lot there, they seem much more reliable.

Comment

Glad I left them last year - they were well expensive anyway.

I'm with Godaddy(domain hosting) and Hostgator(website hosting) now - got to love that fantastico Cpanel
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Whoops...

Originally posted by Boris
          Well, that's one time too many that they are off the air. Must be fairly serious if none of their alternative routes etc are available.

Another site I have is hosted by http://www.1and1.com/ and it 'just works'. I think it's time to move the whole lot there, they seem much more reliable.
          Turns out 1&1 actually own fasthosts....
          http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...fasthosts.html

Comment

My provider seems to be having it's managed hosting attacked DOS style at the moment according to their online support. They've shut down some of their e-mail servers to allow web traffic through - fair enough in my opinion, e-mail is not guaranteed immediate delivery whereas websites really ought to be.

Maybe the UK is under a bit of a cyber-attack?
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Still dead?

Well, they still seem to be off the air. That's a bloody long outage for a 'professional' hosting company.

I guess we should be glad that CUK is not hosted there!

Comment

They're back.

Comment

Working...
                X