• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It seems that stiffing us on our pensions wasn't enough...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that stiffing us on our pensions wasn't enough...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/13593
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

I think we were better off with Blair. this pirate is far too smart.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
      "In almost his first act as Chancellor, Brown imposed a pension stealth tax which has since cost retirement funds around £100billion."
      £100billion? Where did it all go? Did Cherie spend that much on make-up? Has Gordo been buying honours for his "friends"? It's a scandal of monumental proportions.

Comment

" It's a scandal of monumental proportions."

But nothing will come of it. Like the last time the fat git will get away with it.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
          £100billion? Where did it all go? Did Cherie spend that much on make-up? Has Gordo been buying honours for his "friends"? It's a scandal of monumental proportions.
          it was spent on importing doctors. who then try to blow things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
            Somebody should learn to count. That would be the fabled £5billion per year dividend tax credit hit. I make that £50billion so far.

A lot of money, but I don't pay much attention to rants from people who can't even do that sum.

Anyway, it's peanuts compared to what sales commissions drain off.

From this, by CUK logic, you will doubtless be able to deduce that I like Brown. Not. But I do have to say that if you think Brown is in it to buy honours for his friends, you don't know squat. And not just because he doesn't have any!
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              Somebody should learn to count. That would be the fabled £5billion per year dividend tax credit hit. I make that £50billion so far.

A lot of money, but I don't pay much attention to rants from people who can't even do that sum.

Anyway, it's peanuts compared to what sales commissions drain off.

From this, by CUK logic, you will doubtless be able to deduce that I like Brown. Not. But I do have to say that if you think Brown is in it to buy honours for his friends, you don't know squat. And not just because he doesn't have any!
              £5billion a year * 10 years + (Whatever interest & investment revenue)

I suppose if your average joe is looking to double his money every 7 years then those clever(and I use the term extremely fecking loosely!) investmet chaps should be able to double every 5 years or less.

So I suppose 100 Billion isn't too far off the mark.
              Last edited by Churchill; 17 July 2007, 07:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                £5billion a year * 10 years + (Whatever interest & investment revenue)

I suppose if your average joe is looking to double his money every 7 years then those clever(and I use the term extremely fecking loosely!) investmet chaps should be able to double every 5 years or less.

So I suppose 100 million isn't too far off the mark.
                May I paraphrase for you?

"I suppose 50 = 100".

Well, I suppose that if the pension funds had not lost that 5bn every year, they might indeed now have more than 50bn, just maybe (have you seen their record over the last 10 years?). But that would want at least a little bit in the way of calculation, not just a bald statement that is out by 100%. It is, be honest, fairly clear that what is being talked about is the lost input, not the hypothetical gains that just might have been had from it.

PS billion, not million.

PPS do you really think that the average Joe soubles his money every 7 years? Do you really think that most investment managers double their money every 5 years? No, of course you don't and you didn't say that you did. So why are you tring to pin those figures on me??

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
                  May I paraphrase for you?

"I suppose 50 = 100".

Well, I suppose that if the pension funds had not lost that 5bn every year, they might indeed now have more than 50bn, just maybe (have you seen their record over the last 10 years?). But that would want at least a little bit in the way of calculation, not just a bald statement that is out by 100%. It is, be honest, fairly clear that what is being talked about is the lost input, not the hypothetical gains that just might have been had from it.

PS billion, not million.

PPS do you really think that the average Joe soubles his money every 7 years? Do you really think that most investment managers double their money every 5 years? No, of course you don't and you didn't say that you did. So why are you tring to pin those figures on me??
                  Thanks for the heads up on the typo. I guess that's why I'm not chancellor then, eh?

As for trying to pin something on you, I'm not. It's just that if those chaps in the city can't double your money in 5 years then what's the point paying them?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Thanks for the heads up on the typo. I guess that's why I'm not chancellor then, eh?

As for trying to pin something on you, I'm not. It's just that if those chaps in the city can't double your money in 5 years then what's the point paying them?
                    Oh, I agree with that. They lift far more from pension funds that Brown ever dreamed of. And they don't use it to build roads and hospitals.

Comment

Working...
                    X