• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents on Linkedin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents on Linkedin

Just had a couple of 'a linkedin user is trying to contact you' emails. All from agents.

Looks like it could be another useful site trashed through spamming.

Anyone else had similar?

Had a couple, but ignored them. At the end of the day, if no-one allows them the link, then it's useless them being there. The power to keep them out is in the hands of the contractor - I guess they'll all see what people really think of them this way...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

They will be letting agents on here next...

Comment

I had a pimp try to join my linkedin network on a back of 1 lead that didn't go anywhere.

I don't mind adding them to my network if they do something for me first.
        Do they really think we are that naive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangutan
          Do they really think we are that naive ?
          It's hard to say. How about giving me the name and contact number of your hiring manager and I'll discuss how naive you are with him?

Comment

It is very annoying.

They might be chasing a job for you, you are getting on well with them... and then they expect to be given full access to your entire contact database. Ha!

I just ignore them but wonder if a "sorry this is only for real trusted contacts" would be more appropriate.

Comment

Yep, just ignore requests from agents...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A thorough ignoring.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I had the same thing - I have 2 pimps linked to me now without any work coming through. However, all my other contacts are not in the same field even remotely, so won't be much use.

Comment

I added one once by mistake. The barsteward had HIS contacts list hidden though!

Comment

Working...
                    X