• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miss White Great Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss White Great Britain

Black beauty contest criticised

The contest was open to black and mixed-race women
    beauty contest which only allows black and mixed-race women to enter has been criticised for encouraging segregation rather than integration.
    Organisers of Miss Black Britain said the contest was essential because of the lack of young black role models.

The Commission for Racial Equality said it was not sure the contest was the right way to integrate the black community.

Eighteen women took part in the finals in Manchester at the weekend.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6901836.stm
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Black beauty contest criticised

The contest was open to black and mixed-race women

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6901836.stm
    I wouldn't mind helping to further "race relations" with a few of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Black beauty .........
      And i thought you were going to talk about the horse
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

"Miss Great Britain has been dominated by a lot of white girls for a long time and many judges or even the contestants who go ahead for it are mainly white," she (Aneka Johnson, event organiser) said.

The population statistics for Great Britain have been dominated by a lot of white people for a long time. Am I allowed to say that?
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Surely that is racist? If we had Miss White Great Britain, we would be hauled up in front of the judge!!!! FFS equality works both ways...

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
            Surely that is racist? If we had Miss White Great Britain, we would be hauled up in front of the judge!!!! FFS equality works both ways...
            Only as racist as the "National Black Police Association".

Just as an exercise, check out how many "home" pages they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              Only as racist as the "National Black Police Association".

Just as an exercise, check out how many "home" pages they have.
              Yep...does that mean we can have a National White Police Association????

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                Yep...does that mean we can have a National White Police Association????
                Nah mate, that'd be racist, innit?

Comment

Always the same old usual suspects bleating on about reverse racism.

Feck me, isn't there anything to whinge about than the injustices of being white in today's society.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                    Always the same old usual suspects bleating on about reverse racism.

Feck me, isn't there anything to whinge about than the injustices of being white in today's society.
                    Don't forget the injustices of being a man. And middle class.

Comment

Working...
                    X