• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earn 8% In Your Business Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earn 8% In Your Business Bank Account

I'm one for putting forward credit where it is due. I'm currently with Abbey and would fully recommend them.

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/your-mone...px?site=UKFool

This 8% is only paid on the first £2,500; any amount in excess of this threshold earns a before-tax tiered rate which depends on the account balance. These tiered rates range from 0.75% a year under £5,000 to 3.50% a year on £100,000+.
    I have a business bank account that pays 8000%* interest.

* Only on the 1st 1p

Comment

Abbey have been great for me so far, the website is especially good and the setup was straightforward. They do not offer over the counter service though.

Not being able to use a counter seems a big loss on paper, but I've not needed to at all so far.

A+ for me, and its earn't me a pretty penny in interest already!

Comment

What's the consensus on a good business deposit account now, in these high interest rate days?

Comment

I use both Alliance and Leicester and Northern Rock for business deposit accounts. NR pays higher rates but is operated by post only, A&L has internet access.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex
            I use both Alliance and Leicester and Northern Rock for business deposit accounts. NR pays higher rates but is operated by post only, A&L has internet access.

I use NAtwest and get piddle all interest, like zero!?

Am i doing something wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
              I use NAtwest and get piddle all interest, like zero!?

Am i doing something wrong here?
              Only if you think the bank is being fair by not paying you interest...

I use A&L as well, their rates (on a deposit account) are base rate - 0.90% on balances < 50k and base rate - 0.20% on balances 50k+. Their current account pays base rate + 0.60% on the first £1000 and 0.10% on anything after that...

Stick £1000 in the current account and keep the rest in the deposit account...
              -When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Comment

Is it ok to have business account with 2 different banks ??

Comment

Originally posted by PAG
                  Is it ok to have business account with 2 different banks ??
                  Yes - can't see why not. MyCo does.

Comment

Working...
                  X