• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's it like to work for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it like to work for...

GSK, Brentford?

Anyone been there recently? Atmosphere? Corp culture? Attitude to contractors?

There may be a good opportunity on the cards...

Originally posted by realityhack
    GSK, Brentford?

Anyone been there recently? Atmosphere? Corp culture? Attitude to contractors?

There may be a good opportunity on the cards...
    I know quite a few people who've worked for GSK at Brentford, Greenford, Stevenage, Stockley Park, both permie and contract, and they've always seemed fairly happy. Don't think there's a culture problem, in fact I was looking at a gig there before I turned permie. Wouldn't have any hesitation working there.

Comment

I worked for them in Greenford for about 2 years and at a project office for 2 years before that. I loved it, but I only went to GSK house a few times. It is not supposed to be that easy to get to and parking is a problem.

Where do you live/commute from?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Take it - I've only ever heard good things about working there.

Some other views
        Last edited by Clippy; 17 July 2007, 10:44.

Comment

Live in Twickenham. If I got it it's only 3.5 miles away - the buses take 49min so I'd probably cycle in.

Comment

I worked for then on the A4 a few years back now where there were two buildings, seemed ok, a few years before that I was offered a job at the one your talkng about.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

I played football against them in the London Commercial League.

Comment

I worked on a project for them and the levels of beauracracy had to be seen to be believed. It's all to do with the yank Food and Drug Agency and is meant to ensure a perfect system but had the opposite effect as it had everyone tied in knots while the 'Quality' consultants coined it in. If you wanted to change a line of code it meant a document change, a formal review of the document, a code walkthru, and so on, and so on, I kid you not ! It all made for a pretty cushy contract if you didn't mind the constant beauracracy. I was there for 6 months or so and could of produced the same amount of code in week if given free rein.

Comment

Working...
                X