PDA

View Full Version : George Gallaway - laughing stock or typical politician?

Moose423956
17th July 2007, 10:38
I reckon both.

Banned from Commons (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91211-1275543,00.html)

Let-Me-In
17th July 2007, 10:40
I think he is a corrupt arrogant ars*hole.....

sunnysan
17th July 2007, 10:42

So in other words, a typical politician?

Let-Me-In
17th July 2007, 10:46
So in other words, a typical politician?

Yes, but more annoying, more corrupt and more of an ars*hole!!!!

Burdock
17th July 2007, 10:59
omg, he's growing a beard.

sunnysan
17th July 2007, 11:01
To be fair , I like George Galloway, just becuase he is an entertaining political sideshow.

He is a streetfighter of a politician and I think he has already picked up too much dirt to ever become a credible force in UK politics. Which is a good thing IMHO

Lambros
17th July 2007, 18:26
The contents of Galloway's speech were quickly taken off the main media after Galloway made a statement harranguing British MPs for giving a standing ovation during the resignation of a man who most of the world considered to be a war criminal. Great Stuff, George.

And good for the BBC for providing the video recording which was highly embarrassing to the government of the UK. Same recording as spidered news, but available at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6900000/newsid_6902700/6902706.stm?

And now the lies come out in the US media e.g.

George Galloway, Professional Jihadist

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/884nrzii.asp

Norm Coleman: I Told You So

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/010548.php

CNN is even digging up an old story about Big Brother in its report.

Please listen to George's response preferably the one with a BBC logo.

Clippy
17th July 2007, 18:56
omg, he's growing a beard.

I think you'll find the beard is growing of it's own accord.

Buffoon
17th July 2007, 20:36
Galloway is a **** **** **** **** **************** * ** * * **** ** ****** ****** **** * * * ** * ******!
And so is his wife and new baby.

Can't stand him. He is my MP.

Old Greg
17th July 2007, 20:51
I think he's an opportunistic ars*hole, but I don't think he's corrupt. Might be wrong. He puts on a good show.

TinTin
17th July 2007, 21:29
Of all the things they could find, that is the most ridiculous! I remember in the good 'Old Labour' days, big fights with stars like Heseltine and others. I eagerly await now the day he is back and his speech about Blair. He is the only politician that charges (£10) for people to listen to him - he did that last year in Scotland and he was a sell-out - I reckon he is our own Hugo Chavez

pisces
17th July 2007, 23:17
I don't know that much about him except his rant at the US and against Murdoch's media was amazing :banana:

wendigo100
18th July 2007, 08:37
His speech to the US court when they wanted to try him for war crimes or something was brilliant. I think after that the Americans withdrew the case.

I'd love to hear his speech about Blair, the new Peace Envoy who will finally settle the Israel-Palestine problem. :laugh

TheRightStuff
18th July 2007, 09:02
His speech to the US court when they wanted to try him for war crimes or something was brilliant. I think after that the Americans withdrew the case.

I'd love to hear his speech about Blair, the new Peace Envoy who will finally settle the Israel-Palestine problem. :laugh

I agree. He made the Americans look stupid, which isn't hard I suppose, and they couldn't get a word in edge ways. It was amazing entertainment compared to the shite that's on at the moment.

XTC
18th July 2007, 09:13
To be fair , I like George Galloway, just becuase he is an entertaining political sideshow.

He is a streetfighter of a politician and I think he has already picked up too much dirt to ever become a credible force in UK politics. Which is a good thing IMHO

Streetfighter? Did you see the twat on Big Brother? More like Rainman.

Lucy
18th July 2007, 09:16
George Galloway is a lefty moron.

Next!

Causus Deli
18th July 2007, 10:49
I think he is a corrupt arrogant ars*hole.....The commons committee did not ban him for any corruptness, they even went out of their way to say he did not gain out of the dealings. He simply did not follow procedure when declaring things. I concur with the arrogant assole bit.

wendigo100
18th July 2007, 10:50
George Galloway is a lefty moron.

Next!I'd never want him running the country.

Let-Me-In
18th July 2007, 10:51
The commons committee did not ban him for any corruptness, they even went out of their way to say he did not gain out of the dealings. He simply did not follow procedure when declaring things. I concur with the arrogant assole bit.

Ok, show me an honest politician?

Mr Crosby
18th July 2007, 10:51
He's my mate's cousin.

Old Greg
18th July 2007, 10:52
I'd never want him running the country.
I'd say you're pretty safe, there.

Causus Deli
18th July 2007, 11:04
Ok, show me an honest politician?I would suggest most are pretty honest, it's the media who twist things out of context.

Let-Me-In
18th July 2007, 11:05
I would suggest most are pretty honest, it's the media who twist things out of context.

Hmm, seems a little naive to say most politicians are honest, next you will be saying most catholic priests are not child molesters!!!

realityhack
18th July 2007, 11:11
Having worked in local govt - I'd say most are self-serving egomaniacs with no agenda to further but their own.

Two very good friends of mine were in politics. One played the system as much as he possibly could to his own benefit - and was caught and dismissed. Another - one of my best friends - was an honest and hardworking lad with the tenacity and moral framework you'd like most politicians to have - but he was the victim of a Labour smear campaign, and mud (no matter how fictional) sticks.

But there ya go.

premiere
18th July 2007, 12:49
Ol Georgie boy has a 'talk show' on Raj tv on Sky Digital

Not that I watch it of course!

Mailman
19th July 2007, 10:15
The commons committee did not ban him for any corruptness, they even went out of their way to say he did not gain out of the dealings. He simply did not follow procedure when declaring things. I concur with the arrogant assole bit.

They were very careful to add the words "that we know of" after they said he didnt gain personally...because they didnt have access to his bank account details.

I also seem to remember his trusts books ending up in Baghdad for some reason too. Is that because Comical Ali was his accountant or summit?

Mailman

el duder
19th July 2007, 10:19
I reckon both.

Banned from Commons (http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91211-1275543,00.html)

hes ****

barely_pointless
21st July 2007, 09:09
I don't care how much of an a*hole he is, he took apart the US senate Inquiry, made them out to be a bunch of 2nd rate media fawning clowns, he did his homework, they clearly did not.

All of his stuff is available on youtube, just search on his name, and marvel at the most powerful nations political operators taken apart like they had just sat down for the first time in the senate. Delightful. :p

Paddy
21st July 2007, 09:34
George Galloway collected money for charity in Iraq (maybe from Sadam too) and he is banned from the Commons.

Tony Blair lies to the Commons, bombs Iraq killing thousands of civilians, votes for honours and nothing is done about it.

barely_pointless
21st July 2007, 09:51
George Galloway collected money for charity in Iraq (maybe from Sadam too) and he is banned from the Commons.

Tony Blair lies to the Commons, bombs Iraq killing thousands of civilians, votes for honours and nothing is done about it.

Indeed, it's about fcuking time we started asking the questions and voting these clowns out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw&mode=related&search=

this is a delightful clip where George talks to SKY news Anna about complete mess of both the Israeli Lebanese occupation and political objectives, it is George at his angriest and it is George at his best.

edited to identify the word "Israeli"

Diver
21st July 2007, 09:56
I don't care how much of an a*hole he is, he took apart the US senate Inquiry, made them out to be a bunch of 2nd rate media fawning clowns, he did his homework, they clearly did not.

All of his stuff is available on youtube, just search on his name, and marvel at the most powerful nations political operators taken apart like they had just sat down for the first time in the senate. Delightful. :p

Hear! Hear!
I find him a man of conviction, dedicated, loyal, determined,resourcefull, a man of vision and commitment.

Buffoon
21st July 2007, 10:15
Hear! Hear!
I find him a man of conviction, dedicated, loyal, determined,resourcefull, a man of vision and commitment.If you had him as your MP you would have a very different opinion of him. He is very selective in which constituents he helps.

He is doing excellent work for the BNP.

barely_pointless
21st July 2007, 10:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INy2ysHhgYM&mode=related&search=

Galloway versus Hitchens (the old ex brit political commentator who likes to wallow in his neo-conservative glow, old tory/new labour - who knows ? same as he old boss, rightwing intelligencia drivel as he sniffs up crumbs of recognition from the Washington DC political intell-a-dumbsia )

Galloway takes hitchens apart, as usual, with ease, with aplom, with relish and with style , no substance to these pro-war, pro US Administration, pro-terrorist around every corner commentators, Vanity Fair columnist and sometime opponent of Chomsky (whom Chomsky took apart as though he was a soft kinder egg, although the toy inside was as per all neo-con promises, sadly much less than we had come to expect)

of course, for such a mature political commentator, Hitchins should have known one thing, firstly, that going first in a debate puts you at a disadvantage, and secondly, if your argument is wrong, it adds weight to the fact that you may inevitably lose your debate.

George cleaned up, and he did it with stlyle!

lexington_spurs
21st July 2007, 11:45
If you had him as your MP you would have a very different opinion of him. He is very selective in which constituents he helps.

Buffoon

All correct. He didn't even come to the eastern end of his constituency for Big Brother - they had moved the studio from 3 mills to borehamwood or wherever by then.

As for this claptrap about him heroically standing up to the Senate ... it's their version of the Lords, hardly anyone would have woken up ..

BTW I moved constituencies 3 weeks ago. Feels good.

Diver
21st July 2007, 11:56
If you had him as your MP you would have a very different opinion of him. He is very selective in which constituents he helps.

I find him a man of conviction, dedicated, loyal, determined,resourcefull, a man of vision and commitment.

Conviction = that he is always right
Dedicated = to furthering his own interests
Loyal = to himself
Determined = to ride roughshod over anyone who gets in his way
Recoursefull = in furthering his own agenda
Vision = he has the same one as Hitler had
commitment = to achieving his goals by any means possible

Sorry if the sarcasm was a bit too subtle :D

barely_pointless
21st July 2007, 12:39
He is always right because he chooses when to fight.

whatever the personal and local dislike of Galloway that is irrevelant in the context of the Iraq question, in the senate and in the context of iraq he is a very effective tool that serves a need at this time, and that need is the need to undermine the US policy and spin that is so prevalent, and he does that very well, and as such , I very much applaud, support and encourage George Galloway in his endevours.

Much in the same vein I imagine, that people here whilst supporting the Iraqi war, would be adverse and maybe uncomfortable to sitting down for Tea with a bunch of US Marines and talking about Parkie.

I hope Galloway continues, he is a fantastic de-constructor of this neo-con bulshi5.

Buffoon
21st July 2007, 15:24
Sorry if the sarcasm was a bit too subtle :DSubtlety ! Sorry, you’re asking a bit much for simple folk like me. :rollin:

Paddy
22nd July 2007, 08:57
I am sure the Parliamentary Committee is unbiased after all they voted for the war on Iraq and the committee is headed by two former chairs of the Labour Friends of Israel.

Mailman
23rd July 2007, 09:19
I know why bareless pointless likes Curious George, its because they have the same debating style...ie. they shout and scream and have tantrums without ever actually letting the other side get a shot in! :rollin:

Fantastic stuff, if thats the kind of MP you want running your country...well dont come crying to me argentina when it all goes pear shaped! :rollin:

Mailman

wendigo100
23rd July 2007, 10:13
Fantastic stuff, if thats the kind of MP you want running your country...well dont come crying to me argentina when it all goes pear shaped! :rollin:

MailmanNowhere does anyone here say that's the kind of MP we want running the country. Everyone who has expressed a preference has said the opposite.

barely_pointless
23rd July 2007, 10:34
I know why bareless pointless likes Curious George, its because they have the same debating style...ie. they shout and scream and have tantrums without ever actually letting the other side get a shot in! :rollin:

Mailman

Fire with Fire my dear Mailman, fire with fire, Never said I would like George Galloway as an MP, but if he continues to undermine the US prestige and position in Iraq by deconstructing the obviously light and leaky US policy, then I'll watch with glee and continue to do so as he effortlessly outmanouveres and out thinks and out debates the US senate and most all neo-con ploiticians.

Lets be honest here, the US have hardly made it hard for him ? :yay:

Mailman
23rd July 2007, 13:24
Fire with Fire my dear Mailman, fire with fire, Never said I would like George Galloway as an MP, but if he continues to undermine the US prestige and position in Iraq by deconstructing the obviously light and leaky US policy, then I'll watch with glee and continue to do so as he effortlessly outmanouveres and out thinks and out debates the US senate and most all neo-con ploiticians.

Lets be honest here, the US have hardly made it hard for him ? :yay:

Hmmmmm, Im starting to wonder if in a previous life some american didnt bend you over an apple cart and make you sing! :moon:

Mailman

pisces
23rd July 2007, 13:50
Tell us what politicians you do like mailman. I await your interesting list.

lexington_spurs
23rd July 2007, 14:31
Galloway's Respect party hits back at quiitting councillor's 'immature & self-serving' jibe

13 July 2007
By Ted Jeory

MP George Galloway's Respect party has hit back at one of their former Tower Hamlets councillors who quit last week.

Party leaders said Shamim Chowdhury's attack on them as "immature and self-serving" came as an unpleasant surprise.

He wrote to Respect bosses after his attack in last week's East London Advertiser saying he felt forced to resign as a councillor in Shadwell ward because of 'despicable' rumours allegedly spread about him by his former colleagues.

But Respect's Tower Hamlets chairman Glyn Robbins said Shamim's logic was so 'flimsy' he found it difficult to take him seriously.

"If people involved in serious politics reacted to every rumour and piece of gossip about us, we would never get anything done," he wrote back.

"The things you are now saying about 'the leadership' (and I note you don't mention any names, but I can only assume you include me) are completely without foundation.

"If you are a man of honour, you should withdraw them immediately."

In a separate statement, Respect leaders revealed that Shamim had never even attended any branch meetings to set out his 'vision'... as to how we could 'improve the lives of the residents of Tower Hamlets'."

The statement listed a catalogue of topics on which they claim to be leading the way, such as English language classes for foreigners, civil liberties, the NHS, workers' rights and council housing.

It added: "If Shamim Choudhury can think of a more pressing agenda than that, or a better way to fight for the rights of ordinary people, we challenge him to share it."

Meanwhile, Labour's former council leader Michael Keith has been picked to try and reclaim the Shadwell seat he lost to Respect at the local Tower Hamlets elections last year.

The by-election set for August 9 promises to be a classic that could even herald the end of Respect's influence in the East End if their new candidate Harun Miah fails to keep Labour out.

Tories have picked Duncan Crossley, while Lib Dems have selected Rosie Clarke, a former aide to Mid Dorset MP Annette Brooke.

- apparently the quality of person selected to be a Respect councillor is not all that high. Source: the person who selects them.

barely_pointless
23rd July 2007, 15:32
Hmmmmm, Im starting to wonder if in a previous life some american didnt bend you over an apple cart and make you sing! :moon:

Mailman

Only people being "bended over" a cart by the current US Administration are the American people at the moment, and of course the Iraqi People, but ya know something ?....................... at least the Iraqi people can claim some scalps.......... real ones.....that is....... :D

Stan
24th July 2007, 20:29
I think hes a popinjay but hes quite entertaining and has balls.