• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wealth gap 'widest in 40 years'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealth gap 'widest in 40 years'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/...ey/6901147.stm

And?

There’s no such thing as poor in this country when compared to somewhere like Bangladesh, and you can bet the gap is a lot smaller than it was say 400 years ago.

HYS: got to wonder if this is because the 'middle' earners are getting hit hardest by the stealth taxes, yet get no benefits. Every year my wages get a small increase yet the cost of living is a huge increase. Its soul destroying to see those on benefits having a more comfortable existence.

[sh4ronp], Scotland, United Kingdom

Spot on.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/...ey/6901147.stm

And?

There’s no such thing as poor in this country when compared to somewhere like Bangladesh, and you can bet the gap is a lot smaller than it was say 400 years ago.

HYS: got to wonder if this is because the 'middle' earners are getting hit hardest by the stealth taxes, yet get no benefits. Every year my wages get a small increase yet the cost of living is a huge increase. Its soul destroying to see those on benefits having a more comfortable existence.

[sh4ronp], Scotland, United Kingdom

Spot on.
    its weird. what is classed as poor in this country? homelessnes? earning under £16k per year?

what?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      its weird. what is classed as poor in this country? homelessnes? earning under £16k per year?

what?
      I think it's a % of the median income, but I don't know what the % is.

Comment

Poor is a state of mind.

Anyway rich people don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
          Poor is a state of mind.

Anyway rich people don't work.

What is classed as rich in this country?

You have alot of rich directors in the city, with their big bonuses, but they still have to work. They have created such a lifestyle that they still need to fund it......

Comment

You have alot of rich directors in the city, with their big bonuses, but they still have to work. They have created such a lifestyle that they still need to fund it......
            I'd consider myself rich if I didn't have to work
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yes, that's the illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                I'd consider myself rich if I didn't have to work
                By that definition, all those living very well on state benefits, are the true rich.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                  By that definition, all those living very well on state benefits, are the true rich.
                  No, they are poor. Although having large amounts of uncontrolled time, they don't possess time and money concurrently.

Comment

I know the feeling

I used to stare out of the window of my manky studio in Bethnal Green, out onto a row of shiney new build 3 bedroom council houses. The guys where always having parties on their patios and used to sit out on deckchairs and sit and drink during the week. Never ever seem any of them in a suit , or for that matter any evidence that any of them worked at all. Lots of kids and dogs etc.

It makes me really angry when I am paying CT,Home Insurance mortgage etc and these lot are living in a bl00dy palace y comparison and doing s0dall
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X