• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaahhhhhh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaahhhhhh

My client has asked if I'd like to become permanent! aaaaaaaaaah

But then, I have been here 2.5 years and I'm more a permanent fixture than other members of the team. My attempts at finding freelance work (ie: proper business work) have failed. On the other hand, I don't think they're willing to pay what I would ask.

There is a BIG announcement to be made here on Thursday I wonder if it has anything to do with culling contractors, and that I'm the only one who knows the system - as there is virtually no documentation on it.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000

But then, I have been here 2.5 years and I'm more a permanent fixture than other members of the team. My attempts at finding freelance work (ie: proper business work) have failed. On the other hand, I don't think they're willing to pay what I would ask.

There is a BIG announcement to be made here on Thursday I wonder if it has anything to do with culling contractors, and that I'm the only one who knows the system - as there is virtually no documentation on it.
    How much are they offering?

Comment

I take it thats an Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh no! Not an Aaaaaaaahhhhh how sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
        I take it thats an Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh no! Not an Aaaaaaaahhhhh how sweet.
        Think that's an Awwwww
        HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          How much are they offering?
          They haven't offered. they've just asked if I'd like to become permanent. But the IT salaries for techies maxes out at around £40K...and I'd want more than that.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

£40K a month isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
              A month? I wouldn't get out of bed for that!
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

But seriously, if there's no other work out there for u, and it ticks a number of other boxes then why not take them up on it for now?

Comment

They haven't offered. they've just asked if I'd like to become permanent. But the IT salaries for techies maxes out at around £40K...and I'd want more than that.
                  negotiate for 20% bonus, company car,company share scheme,3 trainings a year,35 days holidays and so on

Comment

There is a price for which you would be happy to go permanent.

1. work out what that is (without reference to how much you think they might expect it to be).
                    2. tell them.
                    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                    X