• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox

Half an hour ago, I opened my garage door from the inside, to see a young fox sat about 10 feet from the door looking at me.

I went into the house to get my camera, and took several pictures of him. He seemed failry indifferent to me, though I stayed 10 to 15 feet away so as not scare him off.

I've often seen foxes in the middle of London, including at the end of my street (10 minutes walk west from Tower Bridge on the North side of the river) but this one was the second-most brazen. He only had me, one or two pedestrians and a brown and white cat to ignore. The most brazen one I ever saw was walking along the pavement near St Paul's Cathedral, amidst a scattering of City pedestrians, at about 6:30pm on a summers evening.

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
    Half an hour ago, I opened my garage door from the inside, to see a young fox sat about 10 feet from the door looking at me.

I went into the house to get my camera, and took several pictures of him. He seemed failry indifferent to me, though I stayed 10 to 15 feet away so as not scare him off.

I've often seen foxes in the middle of London, including at the end of my street (10 minutes walk west from Tower Bridge on the North side of the river) but this one was the second-most brazen. He only had me, one or two pedestrians and a brown and white cat to ignore. The most brazen one I ever saw was walking along the pavement near St Paul's Cathedral, amidst a scattering of City pedestrians, at about 6:30pm on a summers evening.
    My uncle used to have a fox that he put food out for in his back garden - it was his pet fox and 'stayed' with him for years.

Comment

At least he's safe now all the toffee-nosed, chinless, in-bred twonks can't hunt him anymore.

Just once more for old times sake eh?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

any photos of the fox, just love urban wildlife.Just hate the kill the foxes or anything that comes in from the fields brigade. Life is life and deserves some respect.

Comment

good on yer mate. got picz? love foxes.

Comment

In the City or in the country, foxes are still vermin that needs to be controlled.

What is wrong with having a bit of fun while doing pest control?
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Jay54
              just love urban wildlife.
              There's three hedgehogs within 500 metres of our house. Unfortunately, they're all squidged on the road, but I'm taking this to mean that there are loads and loads of hedgehogs rather than that those were the last three in town and they've all been wiped out.

Comment

Sorry, was probably my Hummvee on the way to drop little Tarquin off to school.

Comment

My brother killed a fox a bit ago when he thought a stray dog was in his bins. He went out only for it to dart into the shrubs at the end of his garden.

So he picked up a brick and lobbed it into the darkness. The next day he could see a fox motionless wearing a brick on its head.

He also hit one in his land rover a short while earlier. He was pegging down the road and this mangy thing came running out in front of him. He said you could hear a bong as its head met with the underside of the car. The a couple of days later he was driving around the same area when he wife pointed out a fox at the side of the road with part of its head missing but still alive and walking. I guess that one must have died soon after though.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
                    There's three hedgehogs within 500 metres of our house. Unfortunately, they're all squidged on the road, but I'm taking this to mean that there are loads and loads of hedgehogs rather than that those were the last three in town and they've all been wiped out.

I find that hedgehogs aren't very good sport. A bit too easy to shoot, really.

Comment

Working...
                    X