• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British originality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British originality

The new British Lotus Esprit:

http://euro.rpmplanets.com/peimages/...t_1_070606.jpg

The old Italian Lambo Gallardo:

http://www.velocityjournal.com/image...do1156616m.jpg

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    What does it mean being british?

"Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And the most British thing of all?
    Suspicion of anything foreign ".
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

That's what happens when all cars are designed by wind-tunnel.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Are you trying to say Lotus is copying?

what about the older lotus esprit turbo?
        http://cafe.chosun.com/img_file/club...4163001%5D.jpg

This car has had a similar shape and design for years, virtualy all super cars follow the same lines.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Lotus rocks, the fact it looks like a Gallardo is a bonus to me. However they should price it at a lower point, just checked and apparently it is priced to compete with a Porsche 911 Turbo, think I'd go with the Porsche TBH.

Comment

Its got a different badge! For heaven's sake, what more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              What does it mean being british?

"Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And the most British thing of all?
              Suspicion of anything foreign ".

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                Lotus rocks, the fact it looks like a Gallardo is a bonus to me. However they should price it at a lower point, just checked and apparently it is priced to compete with a Porsche 911 Turbo, think I'd go with the Porsche TBH.
                If it's anything like the old esprit, it'll be popping up in Autotrader in a couple of years as engine blown £500 ono
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Are they both plastic?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    If it's anything like the old esprit, it'll be popping up in Autotrader in a couple of years as engine blown £500 ono
                    The Elise has proved to be reliable especially since they started using Toyota engines and I just read that the new Esprit will most probably have a BMW V8 so I doubt it will have too many problems.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X