• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown wants to play 'cowboy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown wants to play 'cowboy'

I understand it is a big job for a Bumbling Buffoon to step in the shoes of Mr Popular Teflon Blair, but children shouldn't play with matches. Truth is that we are harbouring serious criminals from Russia, Thailand etc that have bought their way into the 'system', have no intention of paying a penny in taxes abnd lecturing US about what WE should do with other countries like Russia. Everytime I see Berezovsky, the Shylock-looking former peddler, blackmailer and failed politician speaking in his pidgin English accent (can someone give him some lessons ffs), my stomach turns. HE should have been extradited back to his country from where he stole billions a long time ago, instead he was left here to plot a coup against Putin, part of which could possibly have been the Litvinenko affair.
    The Russians said with a smile today: 'If we expelled 4 British diplomats for every failed extradition we sought, the British Embassy would now be short of some 80 people' - that's 20 FAILED attempts not just for 1 but 2 or 3 Russians that e harbour.
    And where is Scottie, the world's greatest public speaker? Hiding behing his 'bodyguards', googly-eyed Ed Balls and weird-looking Milliband, FM (ffs)
    God please help us.

Damn right.

How can we claim the moral high ground when we have refused to extradite 21 Russians (according to Aunty last night) including some accused of terrorist attacks?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Damn right.

How can we claim the moral high ground when we have refused to extradite 21 Russians (according to Aunty last night) including some accused of terrorist attacks?
      Would you say that Chechens are terrorists or freedom fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Freedom fighters take on the military and government targets, often using unconventional means. They carefully pick their targets and aim to keep civilian casualties to a minimum.

Terrorists bomb, shoot and maim the public, in indiscriminate attacks, designed to kill as many civilians as possible, and bring about a climate of fear.

Comment

I think moral high ground is neither here not there. It's pure politics. If I were the Russians, I'd be planning to cancel some big oil/gas contracts with UK owned companies. Maybe even confiscate some assets gained through 'corruption'.

BTW, Shylock-looking? What does Shylock look like? Shame on you, Tin Tin.

Comment

I dont think so

Originally posted by King Cnvt
            Freedom fighters take on the military and government targets, often using unconventional means. They carefully pick their targets and aim to keep civilian casualties to a minimum.

Terrorists bomb, shoot and maim the public, in indiscriminate attacks, designed to kill as many civilians as possible, and bring about a climate of fear.
            The difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is about propaganda and the politics of the incumbent political powers

Nelson Mandela was known as a terrorist then now he is a freedom fighter, The Chechens separatists are known as freedom fighters here and terrorists in Russia. The list goes on.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              According to the Russian government they are terrorists.

That is like asking if the IRA are terrorists or freedom fighters.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                According to the Russian government they are terrorists.

That is like asking if the IRA are terrorists or freedom fighters.
                It all depends which way you look at it. There are loads of examples:

ETA? Most people would say terrorists.
                ETA under the Franco regime? A bit trickier, I'd suggest.
                Tamil Tigers? Tricky, again.

A lot of these are not cut and dried. For me a critical factor is whether a group is able to pursue a democratic route to achieve its aims. Hard to see that the Chechens do in Russia. Not that that justifies every action by every group. Sorry for the brain dump.

Comment

old greg are you one of these people with an IQ of like 2 million

can you go a bit slower and give us lesser mortals chance to keep up

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    old greg are you one of these people with an IQ of like 2 million

can you go a bit slower and give us lesser mortals chance to keep up

Milan.
                    Was I being unclear?

Comment

Working...
                    X