• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars question, anyone know anything about Audi A4's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars question, anyone know anything about Audi A4's

Morning All,

I am very sorry to say the Sunday night the trusty Benes charriot, the Skoda Octavia 4x4 tdi was stolen :-(

It was a great car which we were extremely satisfied with.

Now I have to look for another car.

I have the chance to look at an September 2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi tiptronic with 60,000 miles on Saturday for a reasonable price from an Audi dealer.

Anybody any experience with the Audi A4 diesels, and especially the tiptronic gearbox, is it reliable ?

Thanks and all the best,

Milan.

And how easy is it to steal?

Comment

We have a few A4s on our fleet here. Some of which have done 80k miles plus in less than 3 years. They're great. Just keep on top of the servicing.

Why not go and buy a new(ish) Octavia?

I love my Superb. Unfortunately they don't do a 4x4 or estate variant.

Comment

What country did it get stolen in? This could be relevant when advising on a replacement.

The one unnickable car I had was a Saab 900i (not made any more). Faced with a large repair bill, and after a beer too many, I asked one of the local villains if he was interested in nicking it.

"Yes" was his answer, "but only if you give me a key."

P.S. If you ever saw the Rab C. Nesbitt sketch where he goes into a pub looking for a hitman, the experience was a bit like that.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Morning Winston and Sysman,

it was stolen in CZ.

At the moment (because of other commitments) I cannot afford another newish 4x4 Skoda hence something for a similar price to the insurance money.

If I get an Audi and that gets nicked I'll try french cars apparently they are the least attractive to the thieves.

Thanks for the feedback on the Audi.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
          X