• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was this too harsh..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this too harsh..

A group of about 20 were out at a pub on sat arvo having a good time one of the girls I know is from Peru and I said to the group if anyone needs a housekeeper she can help you out, coming from South America.... everyone laughs... except her and her husband who wait till I go to the toilet and leave. Sent a few texts, no reply, so proper dummy spit. The thing is I'll be called a convict or whatever, Irish mates there would be called terrorists, potato farmers etc etc People were saying I was out of order, but it's almost impossible not to offend folk these days. So was I too harsh?

yes , next

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
      A group of about 20 were out at a pub on sat arvo having a good time one of the girls I know is from Peru and I said to the group if anyone needs a housekeeper she can help you out, coming from South America.... everyone laughs... except her and her husband who wait till I go to the toilet and leave. Sent a few texts, no reply, so proper dummy spit. The thing is I'll be called a convict or whatever, Irish mates there would be called terrorists, potato farmers etc etc People were saying I was out of order, but it's almost impossible not to offend folk these days. So was I too harsh?
      Yes, that was too harsh, and xenophobic.

Comment

Nope. When you patch things up, send her my way as I need a cleaner
        Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by XTC

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            Nope. When you patch things up, send her my way as I need a cleaner

Comment

i think the problem was probably less the

association between house cleaners and peruvians

and more

the association between house cleaner and the lady concerned

well you know for next time

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC

hahah - good work.

but im afraid yes, it sounded harsh!

Comment

yes, too harsh. I realise that in Australia, insulting people and probably burping in their faces is the height of wit, but we do things differently here.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                    yes, too harsh. I realise that in Australia, insulting people and probably burping in their faces is the height of wit, but we do things differently here.
                    Poo poo head.

Comment

Working...
                    X