• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spooky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky

Have any of you guys n gals ever had any REAL spooky, scary or ghostly experiences? I'm thinking of going on a ghost tour sometime. Probably one of these: Scary

Ghosts!
    Childish cr@p for the stupid and the gullible.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I clicked the link, waited three seconds then closed it. Anything that takes that long to load does even come up on my RADAR.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        I clicked the link, waited three seconds then closed it. Anything that takes that long to load does even come up on my RADAR.
        get rid of yer old 56k modem and get broadband - you'll never go back to dialup!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
          Have any of you guys n gals ever had any REAL spooky, scary or ghostly experiences? I'm thinking of going on a ghost tour sometime. Probably one of these: Scary

Yous are going to think I have a story for every occasion, and really I dont....but on this subject I have.

(...although saying that, I've long since rationalised it as just being wierd brain activity.)

The night before my 18th birthday I woke up at 3:30 during the night and was unable to move. Completely paralysed.
          The corner of my room went green, I smelled a horrible sick smell, and a really deep voice said "you're going to meet the devil".

For obvious reasons I nearly crapped myself. I couldn't move at all, so I couldn't even bang on the wall to try and wake my folks up. All I could do was hum...so I hummed as loud as I could, and then all of a sudden it all went - no green, no smell, and I could move my body.

I got out of bed, put the light on, and sat up until the rest of my family got up. I had no "waking up" sensation. I couldn't sleep for weeks after, and was never really the same for the next couple of years.

The really spooky bit was, the night before my 21st (in Tenerife) the exact same thing happened!!!! I was even sharing a bed with my mate at the time.

Anyway...I was freaked for years...then I saw a programme on the tv about it. Its pretty common apparently - it's the different parts of the brain "waking up" before the other parts.

I now put all of this "mystical" sh*te down to the same thing. I dont believe in anything spooky, other wordly, or anything like that anymore.

But have fun
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Anyway...I was freaked for years...then I saw a programme on the tv about it. Its pretty common apparently - it's the different parts of the brain "waking up" before the other parts.
            I'm glad to hear it. I get that from time to time. It is usually a nightmare that I get early in the morning, I dream that I am being attacked, part of my brain wakes up and says "You are having a nightmare you idiot", but the part that controls movement is still under the control of a part of my brain that is still asleep and I am completely unable to move any of my body and am gripped with panic.

No paranormal activity though.

Back on topic, I see that that paranormal company is based in Basingstoke. I went there once and was pretty spooked, until I realised that that was just what all the locals were like

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
              Yes. A long story though.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I was alone in the house once and had a glass of whiskey. I must have dozed off, then when I woke up, the bottle was empty! I reckon a ghost must have drunk it, especially as there was all this ectoplasm down my shirt and on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  I was alone in the house once and had a glass of whiskey. I must have dozed off, then when I woke up, the bottle was empty! I reckon a ghost must have drunk it, especially as there was all this ectoplasm down my shirt and on the floor.

That's proof if ever I've heard it. I am now convinced.

Comment

I had weird experiences in a condo I had rented when I was working in the US. Now and again I would half see a dark shape at the foot of the bed. The air conditioning thermostat would change by itself; well neither of us could remember changing it. Sometimes when on my own working on my computer I would feel someone walk past behind me, but I ended up, sort of, putting that down to the air conditioning. Few other odd things like things not being where you thought we had left them.

I have never believed these things before, even if they make good stories. Nothing like this has happened since. I still don’t know what to believe.
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X