• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Loses The Plot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Loses The Plot

BBC suspends phone competitions
    Linky

In true 'public sector mentality' style, Mark Thompson, Director general of the BBC, has decided that the way to address the fact that some people in the BBC don't know right from wrong is to send all 16,000 people and a fecking training course!!

You can imagine the scene.

Mark Thompson (on phone to BBC Director of HR) - "this situation is intolerable. We have to make people accountable and heads must role"
    BBC Director of HR - but Mark, lovey, darling, haven't you considered the potential legal costs of disputed disciplinaries, the trouble the Unions will cause. It's going to cost the licence fee payer such a lot. Have you considered addressing the problem via the BBC's training department?

Bollocks & Bullsh1t Collective
    Last edited by Kyajae; 19 July 2007, 09:49.

Whatever the BBC do you can bet your bottom dollar the commercial stations are far worse, it’s just that the beeb has to be seen as making more of an effort than the others.

Those late night phone in shows on ITV are the most blatant and cynical money making scams I have ever witnessed.

I love the BBC.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      send all 16,00 people and a fecking training course
      heads must role
      Is it me, or have I woken up in a parallel universe?
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        Whatever the BBC do you can bet your bottom dollar the commercial stations are far worse, it’s just that the beeb has to be seen as making more of an effort than the others.

Those late night phone in shows on ITV are the most blatant and cynical money making scams I have ever witnessed.

I love the BBC.
        Well said. They still make the best programs and radio. Praise the Lord for ad-free broadcasting

Comment

No doubt a pile of cash going to some training company for possibly the most pointless course in history. Training people that dishonesty is wrong. Hmmm.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
            Well said. They still make the best programs and radio. Praise the Lord for ad-free broadcasting
            don't forget their webiste that a couple of people on here seem quite happy to read and have menthioed in passing....
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              Yep - its CUK wurld

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter

Parellel to what exactly?

I am parellel to the M4 if that helps?

Comment

snap I like the BBC, the do make some fantastic programs.
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

I always fast forward through ads anyway.

At least the other broadcasters don't put you in jail for not subscribing.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X