• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking cold

I've had it for almost 2 weeks now. Every time I think I've got shot of it I wake up the next day with snot dribbling out of my nose and coughing like I smoked 60 capstan full strength the night before.

I must be keeping Beechams and Kleenex in business all on my own at the moment.

Worst part is it's compleyely screwed my training shecdule for the triathlon I'm supposed to doing at the beginning of September. All I've managed is half an hour on the bike in 2 weeks.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB
    I've had it for almost 2 weeks now. Every time I think I've got shot of it I wake up the next day with snot dribbling out of my nose and coughing like I smoked 60 capstan full strength the night before.

Worst part is it's compleyely screwed my training shecdule for the triathlon I'm supposed to doing at the beginning of September. All I've managed is half an hour on the bike in 2 weeks.
    You'll be surprised at how quickly your fitness comes back. 2 - 3 weeks and you'll be right back up there. Is it a sprint tri?

Comment

Sure its not Hay-fever ?

Comment

It is a sprint, also my first try at a triathlon.

400m Pool swim, 20k bike, 5k run.

It's annoying because I'd just got to the point where I could manage all three disciplines comfortably and was starting to put together combinations and actually work on getting my times down.

Before I started this I was cycling regularly but not competitvely / strenuously, but hadnt done any running more drastic than catching a train and hadn't swum at all for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangutan
          Sure its not Hay-fever ?

No, I had that back in April/May. Doesn't make me cough like this either.

Comment

look duder ...someone is using more Kleenex than you ...i don't believe him!
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Sounds like you need a beer...

Comment

you prb have aids. hiv.

Comment

It is a sprint, also my first try at a triathlon.

400m Pool swim, 20k bike, 5k run.

It's annoying because I'd just got to the point where I could manage all three disciplines comfortably and was starting to put together combinations and actually work on getting my times down.

Before I started this I was cycling regularly but not competitvely / strenuously, but hadnt done any running more drastic than catching a train and hadn't swum at all for 15 years.
                  Cycling is the least important leg, swim probably most important from a fitness perspective. Just pace yourself and you'll be fine esp. as it's a sprint tri and being in a pool makes the swim a lot easier.

Comment

Old mothers tale but I swear by it.

Get yourself to an oriental supermarket / corner shop and ask for Brands essence of chicken. I grew up in South East Asia and it’s worked a treat every time. Worth a shot if you need to be on ur feet sharpish.
                    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Working...
                    X