• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS IIS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS IIS

Does anyone know please where one can procure a copy of IIS without having to part with dosher-oony is there a download website anywhere ?

Thanks,

Milan.

The Apache web server is free, & imho quite a bit better.

Comment

any common garden variety warez site.

highly illegal, so why don't you just kid yourself you're evaluating it.

Comment

IIS

is free too....

Comment

Re: IIS

where is IIS free ?

Thanks I know Apache and yes I know IIS, but I want to play with some .Net stuff at home so I need IIS but I don't know if it is possible to get it free and where I get from.

Any help is much appreciated.

Scots, you still owe me that bottle of Famous Grouse for the Iview infor I helped you with.

Milan.

Comment

It comes as part of windows 2000 and XP.
            Alternatively you'll need the NT4 options pack cd.

Comment

I heard that MS ran their website using Apache! Says it all really.

Comment

is available as a free download from msdn. it needs win2k tho'. it comes as a 10-connection restricted version, the full version comes free with win2k server and win2k advanced server, but for development, it is perfect. the .net framework and matrix.net are free too. it is all free because uncle bill cares for us and likes to look after his afficionados.

Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit at
                msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml

for iis, go to the windows update in the control panel Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove
                Windows Components and take it from there...

there! that has to be worth a bottle of grouse, no?

Comment

thanks for the info Scotspine.

If I can get a download of IIS I'll concede the Grouse :-)

I already know about the .Net framework thanks, that is what I want to have a play with, but...

as it says on the .Net framework download page...

Recommended Software:
                  Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6; Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 is recommended. This is for applications that use Data Access.
                  Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5.0 or later - To access the features of ASP.NET, IIS with the latest security updates must be installed prior to installing the .NETFramework. ASP.NET is supported on the following platforms: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP 2 recommended), Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP 2 recommended), Microsoft Windows XP Professional, and Microsoft Windows .NET Server family.

So I am still at square one, do you or anyone know where I can download/get a copy of IIS free.

I am running Win XP home edition.

Thanks,

Milan.

Comment

If it turns out that I have to upgrade to Win XP Professional - which involves paying then Bill can shove it up his @rse.

I'll stick with the free Apache, Java combinations.

I still don't understand how Bill thinks he can gain domination if the programmers on the ground have to pay to run his software - surely he needs our support.

Still whatever will be will be.

</End of rant>

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X