• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is someone going to post...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...something vaguely relevant or interesting today? Because there's a lot of rubbish flying about.

A contribution - has anyone seen BBC/Alan Curtis' documentary "The Power of Nightmares"? Watched all 3 hours of it the other day courtesy of YouTube. Cracking stuff.

Another - who here has gym membership and actually uses it? Can any of the SW Londoners recommend somewhere to play badminton near Twickenham/Richmond?

I wonder how many topics I can get into the same thread... reminds me of the days of IRC. Speaking of which - who here still frequents IRC?

Originally posted by realityhack
    ...something vaguely relevant or interesting today? Because there's a lot of rubbish flying about.

A contribution - has anyone seen BBC/Alan Curtis' documentary "The Power of Nightmares"? Watched all 3 hours of it the other day courtesy of YouTube. Cracking stuff.

Another - who here has gym membership and actually uses it? Can any of the SW Londoners recommend somewhere to play badminton near Twickenham/Richmond?

I wonder how many topics I can get into the same thread... reminds me of the days of IRC. Speaking of which - who here still frequents IRC?
    Oh god. Bore off with your badmington!

Comment

Missed it but sound interesting.

I go to Amida in Hampton which is very nice, has badminton, squash, tennis, great gym, pool, spa, golf and thoroughly recommend it as long as you can tolerate the filthy dirty fecking proletariat neveau riche plebs.

I don’t frequent any more since I substituted IRC for Everquest some years ago, I stopped playing that and now play WoW (far too much) and mess around on facebook a fair bit.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        Oh god. Bore off with your badmington!

Comment

something vaguely relevant or interesting today? Because there's a lot of rubbish flying about.
          el duder...

That'll be a no, then.

Comment

Try Hampton Court Palace if you want to give Real Tennis a go. It's a bit different from the norm...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Missed it but sound interesting.
              Really good - about how the politics of fear has developed, and the Neo-cons & Islamists propogated it.

I go to Amida in Hampton which is very nice, has badminton, squash, tennis, great gym, pool, spa, golf and thoroughly recommend it as long as you can tolerate the filthy dirty fecking proletariat neveau riche plebs.
              Cheers for that.

I don’t frequent any more since I substituted IRC for Everquest some years ago, I stopped playing that and now play WoW (far too much) and mess around on facebook a fair bit.
              You know we have a CUK group now.

Comment

"The Power of Nightmares"?

Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation guff and shameful conspiracy theory.

I can state pretty confidently that the US is, if anything, getting further and further from any sort of authoritarian, let alone any form of totalitarian system.

The only way that is going to change is via an external conquest and subsequent invasion and occupation or a radical leftist internal putsch, which is entirely plausible given the number of fools who buy into the sort of crap like Power Of Nightmares and Michael Moore's films.

The Bush = Hitler ramblings and the assumption that anti terrorism measures(designed to save the lives of Americans) / the Iraq & Afghan invasions is fascism and American imperialism is juvenile and flies in the face of the wider reality. Which is half-baked measures in the Middle East, massive disarming after the Cold War, lack of action on Iran and North Korea, a desperate need to appease Muslims and a culture drowning in political correctness and apathy.

What sort of mind believes that they have more to fear from the fading power of America and “Anglo Saxons” as opposed to a rising anti western axis that is arming to the teeth?

Comment

BTW, the Red Army invaded Afghanistan for the sole purpose of creating "independent" terrorist organizations so that after the “collapse of communism” when we became so called strategic partners, Russia could say it had nothing to do with and no control over such groups when they were eventually used to attack America on Sep 11th 2001.

No matter that most of these Islamic terror groups are using Russian made weapons, supplied via Moscow’s client states, another fact that seems to fly over everybody’s heads.

Power Of Nightmares has everything the wrong way round i'm afraid people.

Comment

Why do you choose to prefix the most inane mind-numbingly boring and irrelevant drivel with a sentence chastising everyone elses apparently 'rubbish' and uninteresting posts, are you trying to be ironic, or do you genuinely not have a grasp of what is interesting and what is liable to make people fall asleep at their desks? I would rather talk about the current economics of global warming with an onion then listen to you harp on about sketchy documentaries, badminton and your IRC glory days.

Comment

Working...
                    X