• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Programming language poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming language poll

What programming language knowledge do you have in your arsenal of skills?

A tick means that you are confident / proficient in the language i.e. can write from scratch, edit complex code etc. Knowing how to program "Hello World!" doesn't count!

I know that some of them don't really go that well together but hey there's only 10 options.
    .netters - C#, VB.net etc
    11.64%
    C, C++
    11.11%
    VB, VBA
    12.17%
    T-SQL, PL/SQL etc
    13.76%
    XML, HTML
    11.64%
    Web scripting - PHP, Java etc
    8.99%
    Command line - DOS, Zshell, IOS etc
    7.41%
    Sci techs - Fortran, Patran, MATLAB etc
    4.76%
    Other (specify in thread)
    8.47%
    I'm not really a programmer
    10.05%
    It's about time I changed this sig...

I once programmed an Oric one with code from zap magazine, or something like that, does that count?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin
      What programming language knowledge do you have in your arsenal of skills?

A tick means that you are confident / proficient in the language i.e. can write from scratch, edit complex code etc. Knowing how to program "Hello World!" doesn't count!

I know that some of them don't really go that well together but hey there's only 10 options.
      Ok, supercoder, where's the poll ?

Ah I see.

Comment

Ada
        CORAL66
        JOVIAL
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Smalltalk

Does anybody know Smalltalk? Everybody agrees it's the best language in the world but, when pressed, nobody actually seems to know it. What's the deal chaps?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            Does anybody know Smalltalk?

"nice weather we're having today?"

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              "nice weather we're having today?"
              awww, you!

actually it isn't. I got drizzled on during my stroll over to Marylebone to get some cigars for the weekend, and I had to step into an art gallery and chat to gorgeous sales lady while it eased off.
              Did I mention how ace it is being on the bench?

Comment

Web scripting - PHP, Java etc
                You describe Java, the lingua franca of programming languages, as a web scripting language!
                Cats are evil.

Comment

How could you not include BASIC, heretic!

Qbasic Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
                    You describe Java, the lingua franca of programming languages, as a web scripting language!
                    Sorry.

Italian web scripting - Java
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                    X