• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good jacket potato?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good jacket potato?

Its been a long time since I cooked one, any recommendations??

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    Its been a long time since I cooked one, any recommendations??
    ***** the potato a few times to prevent explosion. Spread butter or olive oil round the potato and coat with slat and freshly ground black pepper. Bake until cooked. My preference is simply butter and more black pepper, but I'm sure our esteemed colleagues could offer many interesting fillings.
    FFS - pr1ck the potato if it makes you all happier.

Comment

Mr Potato Head is a friend of mine you brute.

Comment

My favourite is plain old butter and a medium cheddar cheese. More exotic cheeses tend to drown out the flavour of the butter IMO.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Marfona ones from M&S are the best for baking - and I agree butter & cheese is the best, in fact thats what I had for my tea!!! Yumm!

Comment

Butter, Extra mature cheddar.

Take 1 stick cellery, 2 tomatoes, one onion, one red pepper. Chop or slice all and place in bowl, place bowl in microwave for 4 min on full.

Open out potato, add butter, add grated cheese, pour over the hot mix.

Lovely
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Or if you have a bit of time to mess about.

Cook the potato as normal. While it is cooking fry some chopped bacon and onions together and grate some cheese.

When the potato's are cooked cut them in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl leaving the skins intact. Return the skins to the oven on a baking tray.

Mash the potato in the bowl with a little milk and butter. Add the cooked bacon , onion and cheese. Mix well. Season to taste.

Take the skins out of the oven, they should have crisped up a little by now. Fill them with the potato mixture. Return to the oven on a high heat for 10 mins or until they start to brown on the top. Serve with tomato ketchup.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                Or if you have a bit of time to mess about.

Cook the potato as normal. While it is cooking fry some chopped bacon and onions together and grate some cheese.

When the potato's are cooked cut them in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl leaving the skins intact. Return the skins to the oven on a baking tray.

Mash the potato in the bowl with a little milk and butter. Add the cooked bacon , onion and cheese. Mix well. Season to taste.

Take the skins out of the oven, they should have crisped up a little by now. Fill them with the potato mixture. Return to the oven on a high heat for 10 mins or until they start to brown on the top. Serve with tomato ketchup.

I am hung over and not really all that keen on food at the mo, but that sounds gooooood.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by cailin dana
                  Marfona ones from M&S are the best for baking - and I agree butter & cheese is the best, in fact thats what I had for my tea!!! Yumm!
                  This isn't just food, this is M&S rip-off food for gullable twats! Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    This isn't just food, this is M&S rip-off food for gullable twats! Enjoy.
                    You bad dog. This was a lovely thread for a change and you went and sh@t on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X