• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Criminal Record and BSSP / SC Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminal Record and BSSP / SC Check

Hi - I have been previously SC cleared but it has lapsed and I have since gotten myself a criminal record from some silly fight that broke out in a bar.

I have gotten Assault with Intent 2 years ago.

I am have just been given a job for 12 months but I need to get this security paperwork back to them - should I admit the offence ?

And also if I do will it stop me getting the job or are they just looking for Fraud, Theft etc ???

Please help me out.

Many thanks.

Originally posted by geegle
    Hi - I have been previously SC cleared but it has lapsed and I have since gotten myself a criminal record from some silly fight that broke out in a bar.

I am have just been given a job for 12 months but I need to get this security paperwork back to them - should I admit the offence ?

And also if I do will it stop me getting the job or are they just looking for Fraud, Theft etc ???

Please help me out.

Many thanks.
    You reap what you sow.... if you don't tell them, they'll be really peeved off when they find out
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Please help me out.

Many thanks.

I believe it is an offence not to disclose....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        You must declare it coz they'll find out anyway & if you haven't declared it you'll go to the Tower...
        ... which would be bad. Although at least they are employing a female there now...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

They may find out, then you will never get SC again. Own up and hope it is not serious enough to prevent you getting the job.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

If you fully disclose it and openly talk about it then you can hardly be a security risk. However, they won’t think like that; they don’t think at all.

Look for another job.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Please help me out.

Many thanks.
              That's the price you pay for going round assaulting people in bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                Harsh... but fair
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Please help me out.

Many thanks.
                  Put it on the paperwork. They WILL find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                    It was self defence I was grabbed from behind and it was the two brothers word against mine actually - this is why I don't want to put it on because narrow minded people like yourself straight away assume the worst.

Anyways - I will put it on and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X