• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Recruiters - been ripped off by client - how whould you deal with it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Recruiters - been ripped off by client - how whould you deal with it?

One of our clients interviewed 3 Contractors and rejected them.

We were suspicious.

We just contacted one of these contractors directly, under the guise of another recruitment company, and he is working for our client.

My TOBs cover this eventuality and say the client must pay 22% of the equivalent annual salary in this situation.

How would you play it?

Just fire in an invoice for 22%?
    Confront him first?
    Contact the Contractor again and get him to confirm the direct approach?

I presume some of you have had this before.
    I guess if it goes legal a court would rule my 22% to be fair

Originally posted by Blunderer
    We just contacted one of these contractors directly, under the guise of another recruitment company

That's not underhand or sneaky in anyway at all.

Comment

Entirely justified, I am afraid, as the client has stolen from us and the Contractor deceived us. Now that is sneaky and underhand.

Comment

We were suspicious.

We just contacted one of these contractors directly, under the guise of another recruitment company, and he is working for our client.

My TOBs cover this eventuality and say the client must pay 22% of the equivalent annual salary in this situation.

How would you play it?

Confront him first?

Is this a pimp's website suddenly?

Comment

So lets get this straight - you are an agency and the client has approached you to provide 3 contractors for interview. They recruit at least 1 directly and cut you out of the loop.

My view is to approach the client to ascertain what has happened. However I think that responses may go downhill from here, I don't think that an agent who takes a cut a cut of a contractors daily rate and is now missing out on that cut which the contractor is probably getting or at least an element of is likely to find too much sympathy on a contractors forum.

Comment

Entirely justified, I am afraid, as the client has stolen from us and the Contractor deceived us. Now that is sneaky and underhand.
            Yeah! Chalk one up for the contractors!
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

How did the contractor deceive you. Had (s)he signed anything stating that you exclusively were representing them to this client?

You put forward more than one candidate, why can't they use more than one agency?

Comment

We were suspicious.

How would you play it?

Confront him first?

I am not sure that this is the site to present this particular problem with. It will however bring a smile to most of the contributors to the board, so well done for that Blunderer

BTW tough luck mate, I hate to see competitors getting shafted like this
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Perhaps the contractor was also put forward by another agency?

Comment

It is a horribly grey area, because of the law on anti-competitive practices.
                    I think there are possibilities to sue, but of course it depends on things like verbal agreements, any contracts existing between parties. Then of course the agent rang up pretending to be someone else, which is of course also illegal, and the contractor could sue the agent.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X