• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hard working Poles...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard working Poles...

...don't want to work - back home at least:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ne...name_page.html

"POLAND is to allow thousands of Ukrainian and Russian workers into the country because of a massive labour shortage.

And the deal is likely to be extended to Indian and Chinese workers.

The decision comes after massive pressure from Polish employers who complained most of the available local workers had moved to the UK. "

So if poorly paid Poles can come to Britain, where do all the 'lazy' Brits go to better themselves?

provided the govt allows the economy to grow Poland will become the tiger economy of europe, by virtue of its size, its availability of skilled workers (most of who will return when the wages rise) now with International experience. The Uk has become too expensive and Germany France and Italy are caught up in stagnant prtotectionism.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      provided the govt allows the economy to grow Poland will become the tiger economy of europe, by virtue of its size, its availability of skilled workers (most of who will return when the wages rise) now with International experience. The Uk has become too expensive and Germany France and Italy are caught up in stagnant prtotectionism.
      How difficult a language to learn is Polish?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Almost as difficult as the chinese languages
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY

So if poorly paid Poles can come to Britain, where do all the 'lazy' Brits go to better themselves?
          The benefits office

Comment

it is also a well known fact that Polish women are the most attractive in Europe.

And they do nice beer.
            And sausages.

Comment

Dont the brits normally **** off to Oz or Florida to better themselves?

If they do how well do they do out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Almost as difficult as the chinese languages
                It's not that bad.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Learning Polish

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                  It's not that bad.
                  Its easier than Russian as they use latin alphabet. I think they also have a very explicit case system which I hear is more complex than russian cases, so I would imagine that for someone who only pseaks english it will be pretty difficult
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    it is also a well known fact that Polish women are the most attractive in Europe.
                    Agreed. There's one in our office area who looks a size 0 with tastefully augmented hooters. I think I'm in lurve...
                    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X