• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It might be raining, but house prices are booming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be raining, but house prices are booming

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6908487.stm

The average house in London now costs more than £300,000, says the Halifax.
    The UK's biggest mortgage lender says the average London house price rose by 4.9% in the three months to June, to £313,122.

It says this means the capital's average house price is now above the threshold for inheritance tax, currently at £300,000.

House prices are rising fastest in Northern Ireland, up 8.5% in the same three months and 47% in the past year.

Halifax economist Tim Crawford said that as well as London breaching the inheritance tax threshold, the recent rises had pushed average prices for the South East above the £250,000 watermark for 3% stamp duty.

It's all boom, boom, boom. Time for bagpus to get into BTL me thinks.

The Mortgages will have been approved before the recent rate rises. Let's wait for the figures for July and August. I predict a downward trend, and you can quote me.

PS Hello Dim
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
    X