• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childcare vouchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childcare vouchers

Hi,

This hasn't been asked on the forum for a while so I wonder if things have changed.

I'm ditching my current umbrella company as they have increased their monthly charge by 20% without even so much as an email telling me. Does anyone know of any umbrella companies that offer childcare vouchers?.
    I've googled it but only found one company charging 2.9%, prosperity4 - I don't think so! and go umbrella who are something of an unknown.

I've thought about going Ltd just for this, but as I don't see me getting any IR35 friendly contracts in the near future, umbrella will probably be cheaper and easier for me just now but if I can't find one, Ltd it is.

Cheers,

Alan.
    Back at the coal face

Originally posted by al_cam
    Hi,

This hasn't been asked on the forum for a while so I wonder if things have changed.

I'm ditching my current umbrella company as they have increased their monthly charge by 20% without even so much as an email telling me. Does anyone know of any umbrella companies that offer childcare vouchers?.
    I've googled it but only found one company charging 2.9%, prosperity4 - I don't think so! and go umbrella who are something of an unknown.

I've thought about going Ltd just for this, but as I don't see me getting any IR35 friendly contracts in the near future, umbrella will probably be cheaper and easier for me just now but if I can't find one, Ltd it is.

Cheers,

Alan.
    Just started looking at this myself and found this one at 2.5%:-

http://www.kiddivouchers.com/index.php?cf=1

Comment

Thanks, but this company simply provides a voucher scheme to employers, it isn't an umbrella company.

Why don't umbrellas provide this?
      It would allow their employees to claim £238 tax and NI free every month.
      I would happily pay the 2.5% (£6) voucher admin fee to my umbrella for this. I would even pay them more to cover my umbrella's extra administration charges.

I'm sure it will come in time...
      Back at the coal face

Comment

At PayMatters LLP we offer BusyBee childcare vouchers which help cover the cost of pre-school childcare and after school/school holiday clubs. The way they work is that you receive the vouchers tax free |(i.e. they are deducted from your gross pay before your tax and national insurance is calculated) and they can therefore save each parent up to £1,200 in tax each year.

Comment

Working...
        X