• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does a Cameron led conservative party offer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does a Cameron led conservative party offer?

Serious question.

Not much in my opinion.

No more and no less than a Brown led Labour Party or a Campbell led Liberal Democrat party.

Politics in this country is bankrupt of ideas and inspiration and shows no signs of ever delivering anything of benefit to the nation as a whole.

I'd like to see an option for "none of the above" on the next election ballot papers.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      I'd like to see an option for "none of the above" on the next election ballot papers.
      And what good would that do?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

None of the above and if less than 51% of the people vote there is a re-election
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          If sufficient numbers of people check that as their choice it might finally make the politicians wake up and realize that they need to get off of their smug, complacent, self satisfied arses and actually do some good.

Unfortunately the majority of people in the country seem to have the intelligence and motivation of a wire coat hanger so the chances of it happening are slim.

We've gone so far into the compensation and blame culture that the chances of the population as a whole getting off it's collective backside and doing something about the situation, rather than just whinging about the fact that it's all someone else's fault and they should be paid compensation, are practically non-existant.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We've gone so far into the compensation and blame culture that the chances of the population as a whole getting off it's collective backside and doing something about the situation, rather than just whinging about the fact that it's all someone else's fault and they should be paid compensation, are practically non-existant.
            The compensation culture is a myth. The myth is put about by insurance companies and the newspapers that are happy to publicise high profile cases and twist the facts to sensationalise them. There was a programme on R4 that investigated some cases in depth and proved this. I know of four people trying to sue after road accidents and it is so difficult to get compensation even when they have proved losses and pain.
            It is the legal system that beats people down in the UK. For example when I used to commute by train I wondered why he other passengers didn’t complain about overcrowding a feeble excuses for the trains running late . But after months of complaining by myself I gave up after the complain forms and letters were ignored.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If sufficient numbers of people check that as their choice it might finally make the politicians wake up and realize that they need to get off of their smug, complacent, self satisfied arses and actually do some good.
              I doubt it. Politicians don't care much about turnout, as long as the numbers put them into power. In fact, low turnout means that their activists have more impact.
              Unfortunately the majority of people in the country seem to have the intelligence and motivation of a wire coat hanger so the chances of it happening are slim.
              Which is another reason why I doubt it would do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                None of the above and if less than 51% of the people vote there is a re-election

And if they vote "none of the above" at the re-election? Kind of like a merry go round.....

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
                  Serious question.

Not much in my opinion.
                  Agreed, but a lot more than NL
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The one bonus I can think of is that we will get that arse brown out of office. Also historically the tories have been much better at managing the economy than labour and i would expect that to continue. Would be nice to stop all these multi billion payouts to thrid world countries when we could invest a large proportion of that money internally and do some real good.

(Better road infrastructure, better railway infrastructure, better flood defences, etc)

Would be nice to get some capitalists in to remove some of the bloody pointless red tape that nu liemore have created too.

Comment

Working...
                    X