• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Martial Arts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial Arts

So who on here finds the time to do Martial Arts? I used to do Aiki-Jitsu when I was younger for like a decade-and-a-half and stopped one away from black belt (brown belt).

I was thinking about starting martial arts training again for fitness and the other benefits (more fun than running on a treadmill), so does anyone do a particular form which they prefer? I was looking at Kung Fu or maybe Aikido or Judo.
    Last edited by Charles Foster Kane; 23 July 2007, 15:31.

cue jokes about Black belts in origami etc....
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      cue jokes about Black belts in origami etc....
      Or, even better, black belts in 6 sigma.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
        So who on here finds the time to do Martial Arts? I used to do Aiki-Jitsu when I was younger for like a decade-and-a-half and stopped one away from black belt (brown belt).

I was thinking about starting a martial art again for fitness and the other benefits, so does anyone do a particular form which they prefer? I was looking at Kung Fu (meditative/kata) or maybe Aikido (striking) or Judo (throwing).
        I do Shotokan Karate - I like it, do it twice a week. Not been doing it long though, only a year, so only a green belt!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
          Or, even better, black belts in 6 sigma.
          Obscure reference.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith
            I do Shotokan Karate - I like it, do it twice a week. Not been doing it long though, only a year, so only a green belt!
            Are you serious! That's the same that Ryu and Ken use, shoryuken!

Comment

Martial Arts are for small eastern people. All noise and no action. A glasgow kiss does the job more effectively. That or a pump-action shotgun.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Up until about 2 years ago, incidently when I bought my first house and started contracting, martial arts was my life.

I'd been doing various martial arts for 7 years, I got to 1st Dan in Taekwondo, won two major national tournaments regulary competed in Taekwondo and Muay Thai Boxing and trained 4-5 times a week.

Last couple of years work and life has taken over, plus I go out drinking too often now

Dam I miss it!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                  Are you serious! That's the same that Ryu and Ken use, shoryuken!
                  No idea what you're talking about!
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Martial Arts are for small eastern people. All noise and no action. A glasgow kiss does the job more effectively. That or a pump-action shotgun.
                    Nothing wrong with a good knee capping either!
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X