• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flooding impact on contracting.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooding impact on contracting.

What do you guys think about the current situation with the flooding. I can’t see any positivies for contractors. Lots of people evacuated – so less Hotels available, hard to travel , etc , it is gotta be a stagnated period.

Possibly some of the work locations will be closed. Makes you think, a random act can cause havoc in our business, however thoughts go out to those who have had houses and businesses flooded, it's not a nice experience whether you have insurance or not

Comment

It will be good for anybody in business continuity etc.

Comment

Don't expect it will affect London too much, but I hear Vodafone is under water in the Thames Valley.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
          Don't expect it will affect London too much, but I hear Vodafone is under water in the Thames Valley.
          At high tide this evening the Thames around Canary Wharf was looking pretty full. It could be an interesting few days.

The centre of London has some pretty solid flood defences. It is out in west London that usually suffers (or out east past the Thames flood barrier that noone cares about, oh, wait a minute, isn't that where the gov are proposing a whole load of new houses are built to overcome the housing shortage?)

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
            I doubt the data center is on the ground floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
              I doubt the data center is on the ground floor.

Comment

C & G Office Closed in Cloucester today

I was told that there was no water and only intermittent power - so C & G decided to close their H/O in Barnwood, nr Gloucester. The city centre also evacuated, according to the news. Not sure what's happening tomorrow, anyone working there? If anyone turns up for work, they ought to get paid, unless specifically told not to. Should always suggest that you can work from home so that you still get paid in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                  What do you guys think about the current situation with the flooding. I can’t see any positivies for contractors. Lots of people evacuated – so less Hotels available, hard to travel , etc , it is gotta be a stagnated period.
                  Dont be so soft. Train as a plasterer and clean up. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                    Should be good money to be made in looting
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X