• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration - BBC One, Monday 23 July at 2030 BST

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration - BBC One, Monday 23 July at 2030 BST

Even the BBC are worried.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ma/6908390.stm

Originally posted by King Cnvt

Interestingly the 'Dutch' nationals weren't Dutch but Somalis, having gained entry to the EU via the Netherlands.

If refer you to my recent post re Poland:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...tml#post271555

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
      The American Indians failed to control immigration. Look what happened to them.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
        The American Indians failed to control immigration. Look what happened to them.
        And the abos and maoris.

Those that ignore history are doomed to make the same mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          And the abos and maoris.

Those that ignore history are doomed to make the same mistakes.
          And when all the Aussies and Kiwis return here to take your contracting jobs you all still moan

Comment

That was the scariest prog I have ever watched. Are we out of control? I could not speak during the doc it scared me so much.

Comment

Originally posted by English History X
              That was the scariest prog I have ever watched. Are we out of control? I could not speak during the doc it scared me so much.
              What a shame, you've had so many interesting things to say in the past. Tell you what, go and hide under your bed and we'll let you know when it's safe to come out.

Comment

clippy! play nice

the mass migration of foreign workers to this country has both benefits and disadvantages.
                Unfortunately the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.
                We do need stricter immigration control's, unfortunately we are in a catch 22 situation.
                Membership of the European union has both its advantages and disadvantages.
                Fortunately here the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
                The price however is the unrestricted entry of EU residents to our country.
                As I said "Catch 22"
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sorry for the negative aspects of this post.

I looked forward to seeing what Panorama had to say about the problems caused by unknown levels of immigration in Slough. It was far worse than even I could have ever expected, parts of a major southern city turned into what are effectively third world shanty towns. All the inhabitants complaining about the situation no matter that some, as shown by their broken English, had only arrived relatively recently themselves. Only one person, resembling Waynetta Slob, having anything positive to regurgitate. That is what it was, recycled bile that had been pecked into her stupid brain.

How can we not sit up and take note before this thing affects your favourite town, take a close look now, have a wander into the not so salubrious parts of your once nice town? How can any kid get a decent education in a school where two class loads of new non-English speaking kids arrive in one term? This was Slough, how about Reading, Aylesbury, Watford, Uxbridge, High Wycombe? London is gone, Birmingham is gone, * insert your town here * is soon to be gone.

I have never seen Mrs CH so shocked, at the horror that is our green and pleasant land no more. I think this program had more of an effect on her than years of me telling her how it is. Wake up, wake up, wake up, coz what you reap is what you sow.

Comment

I know Slough isn’t the nicest place in the UK but people are building shanty huts in their back gardens and renting them out for £150 a week FFS! So when Slough is full what next? Reading, Swindon, Bristol?

I think we are living in dangerous times, the economy is coping just about but when the next recession hits I fear there will be serious trouble as people start to lose their jobs and houses.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X