• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Plus insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Plus insurance

Hi,
    I am looking at taking out either the PCG Plus or PCG standard insurance - the PCG Plus version gives you cover for PAYE audit checks does anyone
    have any information as to whether you really need this extra cover - will
    these checks only be made after company has been in operation for more
    than a year?

Regards
    Paul

Plenty of stuff about this in the Accountancy forum, try this for starters:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread16941.html

Comment

Originally posted by Paul77
      Hi,
      I am looking at taking out either the PCG Plus or PCG standard insurance - the PCG Plus version gives you cover for PAYE audit checks does anyone
      than a year?

Regards
      Paul
      Quick answer is that PCGPlus covers any PAYE investigation and the idea is to stop it turning into an IR35 one; normal cover is only for IR35 investigations. Plus you get Jury Service cover (£300 a day for a few weeks) and insurance against losses as a result of your agency disappearing from underneath you. I've said it before, financially it's a no-brainer.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

By the time you've spent a couple of hours on client site posting here to ask questions about it, and then filling in the forms online once you realise its a good idea - its paid for itself. Just pay the cash out.
        Last edited by Pickle2; 24 July 2007, 09:07.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I was thinking that a PAYE audit investigation would not be
          particularly involved - are IT contractor companies that complicated?

Plus your accountant should be able to help you with what to say - and if they are going to launch into an IR35 investigation this decision would be taken fairly rapidly at which point the standard PCG cover would apply.

Having said all that, for £140 extra, its probably still worth it!

Comment

snip...

SallyAnne (regular poster) has just been through this and would guess that she would advocate the £140 for the cover/peace of mind/legal back up etc.

Edit: SA please feel free to tell me this is cr@p as I don't even know if you're in PCG.
            Last edited by Pondlife; 24 July 2007, 22:42.

Comment

Plus your accountant should be able to help you with what to say - and if they are going to launch into an IR35 investigation this decision would be taken fairly rapidly at which point the standard PCG cover would apply.

The basic PAYE investigation is not all that onerous - but answer the wrong question the wrong way and you're off on the three year, £15,000 roller-coaster that is the average IR35 investigation, which is why professional help before you get to that stage is such a good idea.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi,
                than a year?

Regards
                Paul
                Ask the fecking PCG!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  Ask the fecking PCG!
                  Duh, ask the seller whether you should pay them more money or not? What a maroon, and we're supposed to be businessmen!

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                    Duh, ask the seller whether you should pay them more money or not? What a maroon, and we're supposed to be businessmen!
                    not me - Im a disguised employee

Comment

Working...
                    X