• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBay success stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay success stories

Do you think many people have really made any serious dosh using eBay?

Seems to me that the most lucrative area is selling 'how to be an eBay millionaire' type schemes.

Not that I'm getting desperate or anything...

yeah, I wonder that as well.

Not that I'm desparate either... <whistle>

Comment

alright Shim, glad to see things are going well for you.

I was thinking about you the other day when I drove past a Shimano factory in the middle of nowhere in CZ

all the best,

Milan.

Comment

I have made nearly £1M in the last 8 months alone just by selling on ebay!

It is easy. All you have to do is follow my "How to make £1M in 8 months plan", for only $34.99

Let me know if you are interested and I chuck in my "How I made $34M in BTL in a week!" absolutely free!

HTH
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
          I have made nearly £1M in the last 8 months alone just by selling on ebay!

It is easy. All you have to do is follow my "How to make £1M in 8 months plan", for only $34.99
          HTH
          Yeah, that kind of thing. Does it work? Paypal donation just made.

Comment

Maybe somebody can explain this:

I've just got something from ebay shop, brand new. From the main supplier it was £99+VAT, from the ebay seller it was £94 inc. VAT. It's been shipped direct from the main supplier to me, with an invoice inside the box to the ebay seller for £82 + VAT = £96 (maybe I'm not meant to see that).

So obviously he's got a better deal from the main supplier than I could get, which is fair enough. But as I've only paid £94, how has he made any money?

I can only think that he's reclaiming the VAT, but not charging me VAT, which is a bit naughty. Either that or he's getting some other kickback from the supplier, or perhaps he's just cocked up the calculation and made a loss.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
              Do you think many people have really made any serious dosh using eBay?

Seems to me that the most lucrative area is selling 'how to be an eBay millionaire' type schemes.

Not that I'm getting desperate or anything...
              Couple of examples

Maybe not bigtime, but they seem to be making a living.

Don't eBay hold an annual wine and dine event in the US for their biggest sellers?

Edit: Just watched the PostalSupplies video on their eBay page and they do seem to be doing pretty well, so I guess the answer to your question is yes!
              Last edited by Clippy; 24 July 2007, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
              X