• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muay Thai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muay Thai

Anyone got any info on Muay Thai. Quite interested in taking it up. I did Karate for a while, but there wasn't as much fitness as I would have liked and it was way too rigid and structured. Does Muay Thai have belts or stages like Karate?

It's one of the best restaurants I've been to. Beware though, if you ask for 'extra hot' it'll really burn your arse off.

Comment

Phuk Yoo
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
        It's one of the best restaurants I've been to. Beware though, if you ask for 'extra hot' it'll really burn your arse off.
        try eating it rather than covering your ass in it then!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Can you eat it with chop sticks?

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
            Anyone got any info on Muay Thai. Quite interested in taking it up. I did Karate for a while, but there wasn't as much fitness as I would have liked and it was way too rigid and structured. Does Muay Thai have belts or stages like Karate?
            I've started Krav Maga recently. It's the dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
              Here is a useful link :-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...+thai%22&meta=
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                I've started Krav Maga recently. It's the dogs!
                Fancy yourself as Jason Bourne, do we Churchill? :

Comment

I've trained a couple of Muay Thai gyms, both had a grading system, it's not like Karate with belts etc you get coloured arm bands.

You don't learn patterns like traditional MA like TKD or karate, you have to demonstrate techniques and know the basics of the art etc

You also don;t have to partcipate at all in the grading system unlike TMA

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                    I've trained a couple of Muay Thai gyms, both had a grading system, it's not like Karate with belts etc you get coloured arm bands.

You don't learn patterns like traditional MA like TKD or karate, you have to demonstrate techniques and know the basics of the art etc

You also don;t have to partcipate at all in the grading system unlike TMA

I suggest you go and bore like minded bores on this site DN

http://www.martial-forums.com/?gclid...FRmzEAodSEtmgw
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X