• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Thai Curry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Thai Curry

Anyone got any info on Red Thai Curry. Quite interested in taking it up. I did Green Thai Curry for a while, but there wasn't as much spicyness as I would have liked and it was way too rich and starchy. Does Red Thai Curry have the little peppers or spices like Green Thai Curry?

Milan.

Nope.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      Anyone got any info on Red Thai Curry. Quite interested in taking it up. I did Green Thai Curry for a while, but there wasn't as much spicyness as I would have liked and it was way too rich and starchy. Does Red Thai Curry have the little peppers or spices like Green Thai Curry?

Milan.

I am sure there is a dojo (sp) in London...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Milan.
        Rather similar to green Thai curry I'm afraid. I've done both and I prefer green by a mile. Red tends to use beef and the meat doesn’t absorb much flavour. I would say red is made with copious amounts of dried red chilies.

I would recommend you try the green Thai curry again using this recipe, all ingredients can be bought in Tesco’s:

2 limes
        Brown palm sugar
        Small red chilies 3-4
        2 lemon grass stalks
        Thai green curry paste (tescos has one which comes in a white tub and has thai writing on it)
        Fish sauce
        1 can coconut milk
        500-700g chicken
        Coriander leaves
        Kaffir lime leaves
        Thai (jasmine) rice

1. chop chillies very fine (wash hands after!!!!! Made this mistake far too much!)
        2. chop chicken into bit size pieces
        3. squeeze limes and keep juice set aside
        4. chop coriander and set aside
        5. crush / grind kaffir lime leaves
        6. bash fat end of lemon grass with rolling pin.
        7. heat pan till very hot, use 1-2 tbsp oil.
        8. put in the chopped chillies, lemon grass, 1 tbsp palm sugar and 2 tbsp green curry paste. Fry for 1 minute.
        9. Add chicken after one minute and stir/ coat pieces
        10. when coated usually takes 2 minutes add kaffir lime leaves, 2 tbsp fish sauce (hold nose!) and can of coconut milk.
        11. leave to simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
        12. once 25 minutes has passed take pan off heat and add coriander and lime juice plus quick stir.
        13. after 5 minutes serve with jasmine rice. (steam cook it, please don’t boil the feck out of it!)

I like to add baby corn to the mix as well once you add the coconut milk. Up to you really. Enjoy!
        "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

...or just open a jar of Uncle Bens.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

"Wait, I still function!"

Comment

It's the lime leaves that make a good Thai curry. Buy a bag of fresh ones and stick 'em in the freezer.

Comment

Working...
              X