• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any software safety engineers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any software safety engineers?

I have a contact who is struggling to find a decent software engineer with knowledge of safety critical systems. A background in avionics would be beneficial. If this interests any of you, or you know of someone who might fit the bill, then please PM me. I'm not entirely sure where its based, but its probably in the south west.

Mods - I'm not an agent so please don't delete this, just a contractor with a contact who I'm trying to help out. I don't hang around here much any more, but I used to post fairly regularly - hopefully there will still be some people around who can vouch for me.

Cheers...

Originally posted by Paco
    I have a contact who is struggling to find a decent software engineer with knowledge of safety critical systems. A background in avionics would be beneficial. If this interests any of you, or you know of someone who might fit the bill, then please PM me. I'm not entirely sure where its based, but its probably in the south west.

Mods - I'm not an agent so please don't delete this, just a contractor with a contact who I'm trying to help out. I don't hang around here much any more, but I used to post fairly regularly - hopefully there will still be some people around who can vouch for me.

Cheers...
    Ada C or C++? Rate? There have been lots of jobs lately for embedded, Safety critical and avionics all of which pay well below the rate people are willing to accept.

If it is Ada then I know lots and lots of people.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ada C or C++? Rate? There have been lots of jobs lately for embedded, Safety critical and avionics all of which pay well below the rate people are willing to accept.
      I don't know what sort of rate they are looking to pay, but there's no agency involved so you can negotiate direct with the client. The work is a research project related to the certification of a real-time software aviation system, so there is no requirement for a specific language.

If you (or anybody else) are interested then PM me and I can let you have the job spec I've been given.

Comment

Working...
      X