• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurostar - St.Pancras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurostar - St.Pancras

Tickets go on sale today for the new Eurostar route from St.Pancras (rather than Waterloo). The route starts in November - with 40 mins shaved off the journey time in England.

I was kind of baffled when they picked St.Pancras originally (north of the city!), but I'm kinda pleased now as it is my London terminal from the Midlands!

I'm still not sure about the Euston Road next to Kings Cross being the best place of arrival for foreign travellers though!

I bought a train ticket to France once. The ticket seller said 'Eurostar?'
    I said 'Well I've been on telly but I'm no Dean Martin.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock

I'm still not sure about the Euston Road next to Kings Cross being the best place of arrival for foreign travellers though!
      Its only as bad as where you get off when you arrive in Paris, have you seen the streets round Gare Du Nord
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Tickets go on sale today for the new Eurostar route from St.Pancras (rather than Waterloo). The route starts in November - with 40 mins shaved off the journey time in England.

I was kind of baffled when they picked St.Pancras originally (north of the city!), but I'm kinda pleased now as it is my London terminal from the Midlands!

Any idea when the promised (in 1989) direct trains from Scotland to Europe will start?
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
          Its only as bad as where you get off when you arrive in Paris, have you seen the streets round Gare Du Nord

Absolutement!, that is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            Any idea when the promised (in 1989) direct trains from Scotland to Europe will start?
            yeah! and the high speed link to the Midlands!

Anyway, partly good news for Scottish travellers- Euston and Kings Cross within easy walking distance of St.Pan!

Comment

Waterloo was more handy as it was only a couple stops away from Canary Wharf and home!

Mailman

Comment

Anyone know what they are going to do with the old Eurostar terminal at Waterloo?It's a bit OTT for for the average commuter journey.

Comment

yeah! and the high speed link to the Midlands!

Anyway, partly good news for Scottish travellers- Euston and Kings Cross within easy walking distance of St.Pan!
                  And the promised high-speed link to Manchester? Even after they bought the trains they scrapped it. I start to think conspiracy between Virgin and GNER which scuttled it all.

Gosh, if this were France the country would have a national strike to force re-nationisation. Here we switch into our cars and then complain about the roads.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....hed_again.html

Service to be introduced after nationalisation.

Comment

Working...
                    X